Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
But seriously though, the planet is changing. Man-made or not, the change is here and we should all agree that burning fuel is bad, even if looking at it from a local perspective.

Lithium-ion is probably not the answer. I don't think any of us are willing to make the changes necessary to save the climate as it stands today. That means 3rd world countries need to stop making babies and western civilization needs to give up eating inefficient protein like cow-meat, buying shit for fun (ie latest iphones while current one still works, Mustangs, etc...) basically giving up materialism and perhaps capitalism.

Replacing cars with electrics at this point is a liberal "feel good - do nothing" task. I've always said that almost half (at least 30% as a guess) the cars on the 401 are individuals driving to a stupid office building in TO. Even my work has old people running the place that feel people need to sit in cubicles after commuting to be "productive". That mentality is shared with the next in line to manage the business. Instead we have 2 or 3 hundred people going 40kmh on the 401 for an hour or more, just to then sit in an office which needs to expand to meet the requirement of the ever expanding work force needed to support the business. Even if you remove just 20% of commuters, it will be enough to unclog the highways and reduce emissions by a large amount, I'm sure. Such a stupid and simple solution which costs NOTHING to institute and yet, not many businesses are willing to adapt.

But hey buying "carbon credits" is green enough and solves fuck all.
The Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI) was established in 1872
This site tracks many weather/climate statistics. The section on the Greenland Ice Sheet shows that in the period 2017-2018 the total gigaton of ice was actually higher than the average from 1981 to 2010. In other words the ice sheet is growing not shrinking like many want us to believe.

Food for thought....not trying to change anyone's mind.

http://www.dmi.dk/en/groenland/maali...e-mass-budget/