Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  17
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tesla vs GT news lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Electrolytes are stored like gasoline and combined in the cell to make power.
    1000km per fill up on their car and uses existing infrastructure.
    At the current development status, we are achieving an energy density of 600 Wh per litre with bi-ION. Compared with lithium-ion batteries of the kind used in most electric vehicles, a nanoFlowcell® running on bi-ION delivers sufficient energy for five times the range of a conventional electric vehicle.
    Never heard of this before. Sounds too good to be true. Why is this not mainstream?

So in a typical 60L tank, that would be 60L x 600 Wh = 36 kWh
    For comparison: a Tesla has a 60 kWh battery pack.
    -Don____________

stangstevers
    Hear of Li-air not Bi-ion yet...

There's a dude working on a much better than lithium-ion battery but without explosive electrolytes... Forgot the names though.

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    There's a dude working on a much better than lithium-ion battery....
    this guy?

plutonium? no thanks
    -Don____________

stangstevers
    I don’t get how they can go to Pluto to get plutonium but can’t get to mars

stangstevers
    But seriously though, the planet is changing. Man-made or not, the change is here and we should all agree that burning fuel is bad, even if looking at it from a local perspective.

Lithium-ion is probably not the answer. I don't think any of us are willing to make the changes necessary to save the climate as it stands today. That means 3rd world countries need to stop making babies and western civilization needs to give up eating inefficient protein like cow-meat, buying shit for fun (ie latest iphones while current one still works, Mustangs, etc...) basically giving up materialism and perhaps capitalism.

Replacing cars with electrics at this point is a liberal "feel good - do nothing" task. I've always said that almost half (at least 30% as a guess) the cars on the 401 are individuals driving to a stupid office building in TO. Even my work has old people running the place that feel people need to sit in cubicles after commuting to be "productive". That mentality is shared with the next in line to manage the business. Instead we have 2 or 3 hundred people going 40kmh on the 401 for an hour or more, just to then sit in an office which needs to expand to meet the requirement of the ever expanding work force needed to support the business. Even if you remove just 20% of commuters, it will be enough to unclog the highways and reduce emissions by a large amount, I'm sure. Such a stupid and simple solution which costs NOTHING to institute and yet, not many businesses are willing to adapt.

But hey buying "carbon credits" is green enough and solves fuck all.

I need to smoke that stuff you are.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by onDjuice View Post
    + one...

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    But seriously though, the planet is changing. Man-made or not, the change is here and we should all agree that burning fuel is bad, even if looking at it from a local perspective.

Lithium-ion is probably not the answer. I don't think any of us are willing to make the changes necessary to save the climate as it stands today. That means 3rd world countries need to stop making babies and western civilization needs to give up eating inefficient protein like cow-meat, buying shit for fun (ie latest iphones while current one still works, Mustangs, etc...) basically giving up materialism and perhaps capitalism.

Replacing cars with electrics at this point is a liberal "feel good - do nothing" task. I've always said that almost half (at least 30% as a guess) the cars on the 401 are individuals driving to a stupid office building in TO. Even my work has old people running the place that feel people need to sit in cubicles after commuting to be "productive". That mentality is shared with the next in line to manage the business. Instead we have 2 or 3 hundred people going 40kmh on the 401 for an hour or more, just to then sit in an office which needs to expand to meet the requirement of the ever expanding work force needed to support the business. Even if you remove just 20% of commuters, it will be enough to unclog the highways and reduce emissions by a large amount, I'm sure. Such a stupid and simple solution which costs NOTHING to institute and yet, not many businesses are willing to adapt.

But hey buying "carbon credits" is green enough and solves fuck all.
    The Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI) was established in 1872
    This site tracks many weather/climate statistics. The section on the Greenland Ice Sheet shows that in the period 2017-2018 the total gigaton of ice was actually higher than the average from 1981 to 2010. In other words the ice sheet is growing not shrinking like many want us to believe.

Food for thought....not trying to change anyone's mind.

http://www.dmi.dk/en/groenland/maali...e-mass-budget/

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by onDjuice View Post
    last batch I got from one of my neighbours... pretty decent.

I'd say think its freeing your mind bro..
    But trust me on the sunscreen !!