Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  19
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Notch value questions

stangstevers
    So I've decided the 3.73's are going in (unless someone wants to trade those for 3.55's), I'm going to do a proper paint correction and get the hood painted shiny black finally and of course fix the stupid oil pan that leaks. I'm not worried about the price once I'm really done with it, it will be one of the cleanest resto-mod foxes on the planet with quality and appropriate/popular mods lol, what sucks is I had someone offer 21k for it last year (Quebec guy). I emailed him and he already bought a car (a real classic) so that's a bummer.

Let's not forget, yeah it's not an OEM mint... but:

The Cobra is getting on my nerves. I think I may just part out the project to get out of it and make room. I need to put the notch on the hoist.

Hmm this tread makes me wanna sell my 85 vert with a brand new 306 with no rust at all ... wonder what i can get for it lol

stangstevers
    No one knows... I may only get best offer of 10k for my notch LOL Which in that case, it will just sit in my garage for another 4 years. LOL

My cousin paid 6 for his 86GT and it needed paint, new interior, brakes and a few things... He had the budget to fix it and I think he's in for 12k all said and done at this point.

What do you realistically want for the coupe?

stangstevers
    As it sits currently, very bottom line for me would be no less than 19. I don't care if I own it for another 4 years lol Which may be the case - it costs nothing to own really.

anyone wanna buy my mint 86 vert lol.. i will sell much less than 19.. that seems alot but then again every seat has to find the right ass for it thats all it takes.

Wow you should have taken that $21k because that person is nuts. I’ve looked your car over. It’s nice. But top dollar cars are original with original paint. A coupe with 103k sold for 18.5 with original paint and it was clean! I almost bought it but bought a black on black coupe with 66k all original (I’m talking only spark plugs and wires weren’t original) To me that’s still not low kms. Your floors are painted as well right? That’s a massive turn off to me. Like someone else said, you would have to find someone else with the exact same tastes as you for a mild modded car. You can ask 20 for it but like you said, you’ll be keeping it for another 4 years.
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

stangstevers
    The old saying "It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for"... is so true.

At 10k, I will either gut it and sell the shell as a roller or I could in theory set it on fire or do something to destroy it in a blaze of glory at my cousin's farm... to hit video views on Youtube to make up for the notch "value" LOL A million views is still under 10 grand CAD though - if I could guarantee 3 million views, I would surely do it though - not sure how I'd kill it Maybe take it offroad for a few rounds, see how tough it is, run it without oil... drop the clutch with slicks at 7k??? Then set it on fire, maybe crush it who knows... would be fun and interesting concept of making money. Holding onto it is probably what I'd end up doing TBH... Gutting is a lot of work and my hoist is occupied.

Another idea I had was to sell 200 $100 tickets or 100 $200 tickets and give someone a chance at getting the car for next to nothing. But it's not technically legal to do in Ontario.

stangstevers
    I think so, I did work in marketing for a long time and my site gets 100k visits a month lol

Edit: For fun I will call the government and see what's up with that. Maybe I can hold off and do some sort of 50/50 with SickKids or something next year? Who knows, I'm all over the place (what else is new lol). I do have someone from the US coming over this weekend and I have to call another person. I think once I put it on the market, I will ignore Canada completely and put it in Vermont at a family's farm so people can go and check it out without having to pass the border...
    Last edited by stangstevers; 08-24-2018 at 07:22 AM.

there are more Mustangs purchased in Texas than anywhere else in north America by a large margin (last I checked) - good place to start...