Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I feel like part of my life is fading away lol

stangstevers

I feel like part of my life is fading away lol

I've been a die-hard foxbody guy for over 30 years LOL Ever since I was a little kid. I was obsessed with it, have a fairly decent website on the cars and to help the community.

BUT I've been feeling a little "blah" about them recently. Normally this is just a temporary thing, nothing a short rip in the notch can fix but not this time. Those temporary feelings have been happening more commonly and now turning full-time. I guess my father's passing really put a few things into perspective. I'd rather (build and) enjoy a sweet backyard with pool, BBQ, hottub with friends and family than busting knuckles in the garage alone, only to enjoy the ride alone again...

The S550 really was the last nail in that proverbial coffin. My notch is not a POS at all, it's one of the better foxes I've ever driven in my life, it's super tight and runs well but it still has that raw "old muscle car" feeling to it which I used to love. But I've been de-foxing the fox for 4 years and for what? Even with it being "top-notch", my wife hates it because it doesn't have AC or a radio (she thinks foxes are ugly, especially the notchbacks lol) and I feel like a jerk spending time in the garage and driving it alone.

Gutting the Cobra really started to hit me too. I'm not enjoying working on it. Just removing the rear seat belts (this has a full black interior in decent shape) with the stupid rusted bolt which killed a few Torx sockets got me so frustrated. I may even just call Ajax Auto Wreckers to take the body and watch it get crushed before the end of summer because I'm sick of seeing it and it's worth more in parts than a rusted out roller. I need the hoist to store my notch for a few years too until I find a buyer that loves what it is enough to spend good money for it.

Today I really enjoy the new Mustang, I get stupid good MPG when driving like a little bitch in the slow lane and I'm happy to do, I have nothing to prove in that car. I love the sound system, the large navigation screen, the seats and everything. The bonus is my family loves being in the thing too. I'm also not super paranoid about it because it's not a rare car at all... junk it, I'll get another... maybe a different color and more HP 2019 lol... OR go from Mustang to BMW or whatever so long as it feels great driving it. Honestly the S550 ruined foxes and any old car for me. I do appreciate them very much and love looking at them and helping their owners but I think I'm done owning foxes.

I do enjoy restoring interiors, maybe there's a side business there. But what foxbody owner will want to spend 2 grand or more on restoring an interior? We're not there yet with those cars but once they are, my OCD is for rent lol.

That's why I have a pile of parts on Kijiji right now (a lot more coming as I empty out my storage areas). LOL Even parting with some tools like my little 220v MIG welder and such... As my family would say "je suis tanner en tabarnak". lol

your in Ajax? hit me and we can go for a rip along the 401 and 115....when im bored this is what i do.

YES the new ones are the ticket right now BUT.....foxes will always be ......IT.

keep both
    '86 LX--5.2 Predator,TVS 2.65,built 6r80,308 gear,recaros,etc, 863 rwhp....@15 psi
    '03 Cobra DSG built 4v,TW cams,built t56.G-force axles ---3.0 Whipple 840 rwhp……….(18psi)
    '23 Ranger Lariat Splash.

stangstevers
    Sounds like a plan lol

I don't like where this thread is going. Are you saying I should trade in my rarely driven SN for a new GT350?
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    I don't like where this thread is going. Are you saying I should trade in my rarely driven SN for a new GT350?
    Absolutely.
    ~Scott B

So you can have a rarely driven gt350?lol

stangstevers
    For sure... Foxes are awesome still, just not my cup of tea

Clean your glasses Don cuz that's exactly what he said and you keep talking about how scared you are to pull the trigger on a new one, stop trying to feel sorry for the sn95 and move on cuz I can see it's what you really want to do.

BTW Don, how many kilometers did you put on the old girl so far this summer?

Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

Only 3½ years ago I would have said to your face "I will never own any other Mustang but a Fox" today is another story and that's why we should not say the word "Never".

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    For sure... Foxes are awesome still, just not my cup of tea
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

I get really fed up with my Fox sometimes......but i've driven new stangs....and I just don't get the same feeling from them like I do my fox. Mind you, i've never driven a gt350.....but i've driven a 2011 GT, 2008 GT500, 2006GT and NONE come close to putting the smile on my face that my fox does (note: when it's working....which thankfully it has this summer). I think i'd only get rid of my Fox, or if something happened to it i'd only consider a Termi.