Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I feel like part of my life is fading away lol

stangstevers
    LOL For sure... I told my wife, I will buy scale models if I want to build a car again LOL...

I will always appreciate classic cars like the fox and will always lend some help for the community and I may still own one for a while anyways. But it will be a garage ornament on the hoist collecting dust until it sells. But I am not on LMR.com anymore looking to waste my money. I hear they had to reduce the number of servers for that website since I stopped, traffic reduced by 40% lol

If that happens, I will buy it back and restore back to stock
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    I get really fed up with my Fox sometimes......but i've driven new stangs....and I just don't get the same feeling from them like I do my fox. Mind you, i've never driven a gt350.....but i've driven a 2011 GT, 2008 GT500, 2006GT and NONE come close to putting the smile on my face that my fox does (note: when it's working....which thankfully it has this summer). I think i'd only get rid of my Fox, or if something happened to it i'd only consider a Termi.

Quote Originally Posted by Minaccia View Post
    ...pull the trigger on a new one...
    ...how many kilometers did you put on the old girl so far this summer?
    This summer? Zero. First time ever.

Perfect storm situation between the new cottage, the basement renovation, and a few minor issues with the car.
    I knew going into this renovation that it would mean shelving the car, just didn't think it was going to be the entire summer. It will be back next summer.
    Also means there is zero budget for a S550, now, or the foreseeable future. I'm not saying "never".
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    If that happens, I will buy it back and restore back to stock
    I've been contemplating putting it back to original colour as I need paint some or maybe all of the car. I do have an old skool T&R version of a saleen wing I would still be putting on it and a real Saleen front bumper that would be installed properly.

The thing with my colour now is a LOVE the pop!

I use to think cuda's duster's and road runners would be around forever - boy was I wrong - recently got my hands on an old Plymouth and all the 45year old flaws in those cars began to rear their ugly heads - but I loved it. Recently sold it to friend because I have too much on the go, but kinda regretting it - I've always loved the fox's and own two now that I picked up for a decent price in the 5 plus years ago - the pre '85's had their share of issues that I'm constantly reminded of just like the old mopars, but I learned from my mistake of thinking the old mopars will always be there for the picking and will never sell my fox's (my arm could be twisted if someone had too much coin) lol - also I get to cruise alone - the old lady doesn't like my Pace says her arse doesn't fit in the seat...lol - she doesn't understand what I see in them (to her the minivan is the cats ass) You can still get all those other things in life - I look at it this way - I don't owe anything on them - I have a nice place and large happy family - and everything is money in the bank if that time comes when and I need to cash in. But like my recent mopar I just sold, there was a good chance I will never get to do what I really wanted to do with it and instead of hoarding it I let it go to a good home and to someone who really enjoys it.

You need to try a 2015+ or better an 18+
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    I get really fed up with my Fox sometimes......but i've driven new stangs....and I just don't get the same feeling from them like I do my fox. Mind you, i've never driven a gt350.....but i've driven a 2011 GT, 2008 GT500, 2006GT and NONE come close to putting the smile on my face that my fox does (note: when it's working....which thankfully it has this summer). I think i'd only get rid of my Fox, or if something happened to it i'd only consider a Termi.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    You need to try a 2015+ or better an 18+

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I've also driven for a few days a 2015 V6 vert......but I would like to spend some time behind a new 5.0.....not like I could afford but for fun lol

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    This summer? Zero. First time ever.

Perfect storm situation between the new cottage, the basement renovation, and a few minor issues with the car.
    I knew going into this renovation that it would mean shelving the car, just didn't think it was going to be the entire summer. It will be back next summer.
    Also means there is zero budget for a S550, now, or the foreseeable future. I'm not saying "never".
    yes shit happens - I was out of cars for a long time now that the kids are older, but not any cheaper - I'm back into cars again, cant justify the price of a new one and don't want a nine year loan....made a deal with the wife Sunday is house day - I spend Sunday working on the house...better return on house investment. Cars are for fun!

DinoZ
    What you need (what I need too) to cheer up is a “Guy la patate, deux hawt dog, frites, coke, solves all life’s problems.

I’ll be back in st Hubert next month to get my fix, in my mustang of course.

stangstevers
    Meh, it's not a rut at all, more of a change in outlook. It is what it is, we all change at some point lol

But I could go for a poutine though