Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I feel like part of my life is fading away lol

Steve, maybe take a break from the Foxes for a few years, then think about getting back into a clean one that isn’t so much of a project. That’s sort of what I did, had the 89 5.0 project going that stalled out when I got busier with the new job, then I couldn’t pass up the great deal from a friend on the 07 GT that was nicely modded for track days ... so I sold the 89 and all the bits ai had collected for it.

I enjoyed the 07 for a few years, but decided that I wanted a Fox again so the 07 got sold to one of the track day groups that I coach with, it lives at Mosport now which is cool. Found the clean relatively low km SVO last summer, and have been enjoying the heck out of it. It’s nice, but not so nice that I’m afraid to drive it.

A path to consider ....

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Mustang Occasionally
    Preach on, brother! Preach on...

stangstevers
    The blue notch I had was super clean and stock. I didn’t like it LOL

I can’t stand how they turn, stop and ride in stock form. I never owned a stock fox, if I do it will be a 93 Cobra or something like that 20,000km white coupe which I’d simply store and wait for values to increase, I wouldn’t drive it. My notch affords some fun to drive because I feel like I can turn, stop and the ride gives a lot more confidence than a stock foxbody lol

Certainly doesn’t have to be a stock one, but also keep in mind that you don’t need to go crazy with the mods to get them to perform decently. Way back before all the tubular suspension bits and coil overs were available for these cars, with high quality bolt in stuff my old 87 was working well enough to do a 1:40 lap at Mosport on tires of that era, which is pretty respectable.
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

stangstevers
    yup, foxes are like legos.

I think it's not fair to compare them to newer versions. Even if it's the same brand and shares the same core values, they are so far apart (40 years!!!) that it's apples to oranges now. The fox will do things new Mustangs could never do... like that old school pushrod sound that is near impossible to beat.

I'll ALWAYS be a fan of the fox body but I think I'm at the point where I will appreciate them from a different perspective.

Love the Foxbody, I regret selling my 93 and hope to add one in the near future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of the reason I keep my fox, I DONT WANT creature comforts in my toy, I want it to be a little rough, loud and not feel like a Camry. Keep in mind I just went to woodward in it and it was a blast all the way there and back even in the rain. The new stuff is awesome, but just feel like a fast DD to me.

stangstevers
    It is a fast DD

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    Part of the reason I keep my fox, I DONT WANT creature comforts in my toy, I want it to be a little rough, loud and not feel like a Camry. Keep in mind I just went to woodward in it and it was a blast all the way there and back even in the rain. The new stuff is awesome, but just feel like a fast DD to me.
    I'm with Norm here. I love that the Fox is everything my daily driver isn't.

And you can't beat them for bang for the buck - I would love a S197 or S550 but my wife would never put up with the money i'd have to spend on it.