Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  34
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I will never buy a Tesla

stangstevers
    Well we know Quebec is pretty retarded so those morons may vote for the CAQ (more left than even the NDP) and they plan to ban gas cars by 2030. Ban selling them anyway...

Off my meds again
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Well we know Quebec is pretty retarded so those morons may vote for the CAQ (more left than even the NDP) and they plan to ban gas cars by 2030. Ban selling them anyway...
    2030... I hope to be dead and gone by then.

Decades ago the U.S. and California governments decreed that by 2020 the auto manufacturers en masse had to have something like 5 % of all production as electric cars. In order to force the technology, these governments offered incentives to purchasers to make it a bit easier to buy or lease them.
    As it turns out, the current electric car tech is VERY expensive, and battery technology only slightly advanced from years ago. Musk very smartly hit on the idea of selling an expensive luxury vehicle with an electric motor, thus hiding the physical costs under the shell of a luxury car. At the time, no one else could offer an affordable, range viable electric car, (The Chevy Volt has a range extender gas engine and the Nissan Leaf has half the range and is a very basic vehicle). Especially for the first Tesla purchasers (who were practically pioneers), the government rebates may have made the difference in the purchase decision. From that point of view, the rebates from the government have achieved at least to some degree thier purpose in accelerating electric car technology.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    Decades ago the U.S. and California governments decreed that by 2020 the auto manufacturers en masse had to have something like 5 % of all production as electric cars. In order to force the technology, these governments offered incentives to purchasers to make it a bit easier to buy or lease them.
    As it turns out, the current electric car tech is VERY expensive, and battery technology only slightly advanced from years ago. Musk very smartly hit on the idea of selling an expensive luxury vehicle with an electric motor, thus hiding the physical costs under the shell of a luxury car. At the time, no one else could offer an affordable, range viable electric car, (The Chevy Volt has a range extender gas engine and the Nissan Leaf has half the range and is a very basic vehicle). Especially for the first Tesla purchasers (who were practically pioneers), the government rebates may have made the difference in the purchase decision. From that point of view, the rebates from the government have achieved at least to some degree thier purpose in accelerating electric car technology.
    fair points, at some point though the tech or the business that's making billions should take the slack of the tax payer, no?
    hard to say what point that is, but when the business are making the CEO's insanely rich, I kind of think its time

stangstevers
    Imagine if we had flying cars in Markham... 911 would be every day of the week.

we will see if Tesla can compete w/o the rebates.....Im hoping for bankruptcy and good riddance.Elon Musk is no Tony Stark but he does have a silver tongue and thats what it takes sometimes.
    '86 LX--5.2 Predator,TVS 2.65,built 6r80,308 gear,recaros,etc, 863 rwhp....@15 psi
    '03 Cobra DSG built 4v,TW cams,built t56.G-force axles ---3.0 Whipple 840 rwhp……….(18psi)
    '23 Ranger Lariat Splash.

PayPal, SpaceX, and Tesla motors. Love him or hate him I gotta give him credit.
    He made the electric car cool and landed a rocket on it’s tail.

I did nothing today but post some pictures on a forum.
    -Don____________

^The guy is a sleazball Don, he’s using our money to get rich, and we’re all letting him do it! Not one of the cars they have produced has been at a profit, and who is paying the losses?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Give $1B to bail out the big 3, and nobody bats an eye.
    Give $100M in electric vehicle rebates, everyone loses their minds!
    Plenty of people were upset about that, myself included, as well as bailing out the banks! Wtf is that about. Plenty of people are also upset about the ev rebates, myself included, because why the hell am I helping to make some dude rich, and helping to pay for some rich dudes car? Nobody pays for my car, just me! And sure, they are “cleaner” but when are they cleaner? Battery production is very dirty, as is hydro, not to mention what happens to the battery in a crash, as well as disposal of the batteries at the end of their life....so how exactly are they “cleaner”?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    PayPal, SpaceX, and Tesla motors. Love him or hate him I gotta give him credit.
    He made the electric car cool and landed a rocket on it’s tail.

I did nothing today but post some pictures on a forum.
    You still beat me Don...no new pictures to post...need to go out and take some soon...
    FABMAN

Cleaner is just a mirage that hasen't been proven yet as far as I know - nothing about energy is clean we make methane as well as animals taking a dump after extracting energy from food - they make hydro with coal down south we use natural gas among other things - there's millions of miles of copper and aluminum in the ground and the air - tons of waste oil in transformers - I think it would be much easier to build self sustaining house then maintain a grid the size of Hydro, but that will hurt the governments bullshit attempt to running a business like Ontario Hydro. The Liberal government is trying to corner us to being dependant on strictly hydro nothing else. They plan to make it difficult to use any other source including burning wood for heat (which is all I have aside from electricity) They don't do it for us little guys. In the past the government hated organization like green peace now they stroke tree huggers to get their agenda across. Try to live off the grid (you cant get any cleaner) they will practically throw you in jail. (sarcasm) raise the tariffs...lol