Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nike/Kaepernick

Nike/Kaepernick

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6181a334275a

Personally, I’m very sick of all the stupid kneeling crap this talentless crybaby created, not sure it’s a great poster boy for Nike, but I guess we’ll see....

Just another disrespectful attention whore, ignore these types and we will be good.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

Off my meds again
    I know I'll never buy anything Nike anytime soon.

He is such a hero. He had to sacrifice so much and work so hard.......barf. I can’t stand people
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Hate him all you want but most people wouldn't risk a hugely high paying career they worked their whole lives for to make a statement about injustices going on in their country. Also most companies wouldn't weigh in on these hot button issues especially knowing where a lot of public sentiment lies. There a lot of major issues going on in the US right now and I don't think anyone can deny that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

WTF
    If I was on the Nike side of this decision...I'd have been saying let's not touch this one

I can appreciate that they didn't bail on Kaepernick (just like they didn't bail on Tiger Woods)....but making him the face of the brand this way?.....nope....wouldn't be the call I'd make

and Nike isn't some squeaky clean saint of clothing manufacturing....they have tons of baggage with slave labour in 3rd world countries etc

stick to sports Nike....and leave the politics to the nutters

dumb all around imo

IMO the work place isn't the place to protest and if he worked as a C.A. or a burger flipper he would not be causing all this bullshit.

Time and place for everything.

This is more about self promotion than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Hate him all you want but most people wouldn't risk a hugely high paying career they worked their whole lives for to make a statement about injustices going on in their country. Also most companies wouldn't weigh in on these hot button issues especially knowing where a lot of public sentiment lies. There a lot of major issues going on in the US right now and I don't think anyone can deny that.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    He never felt the need to speak out over the same “issues” that went on for years under Obama. Only under Trump. People are getting tired of politics being forced on them in every aspect. Sports used to outside of that realm where people could just go and relax and enjoy without having this stuff forced on them.

Th fact that Nike stocks have taken a hit since this announcement would affirm the fact that people don’t want politics to assault every aspect of their life.
    Especially in such a way that’s seen as disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    He never felt the need to speak out over the same “issues” that went on for years under Obama. Only under Trump. People are getting tired of politics being forced on them in every aspect. Sports used to outside of that realm where people could just go and relax and enjoy without having this stuff forced on them.

Th fact that Nike stocks have taken a hit since this announcement would affirm the fact that people don’t want politics to assault every aspect of their life.
    Especially in such a way that’s seen as disrespectful.
    Athletes are human too, can't just tell someone to shut up, put your values aside and entertain me regardless of salary or status. If your boss told you to show support for the Liberal party/Kathleen Wynne or your fired would you take it?

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    My understanding was he was benched before ever taking a knee and wasn’t picked up because he wasn’t good enough. What exactly is he so brave to be giving up?
    He's got more talent then a lot of QB's who have been traded since the 2016 anthem protest.