Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  34
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I will never buy a Tesla

stangstevers

I will never buy a Tesla

I've been wanting a high-end Tesla and I do buy into the electrics and all that but I am 100% never going to go with that company. Musk is kind of all over the place and that company is yet to be profitable nor can it even sustain its own growth... Looking to sell out to SA as well (which he isn't doing anymore).

Them taking the government to court because they NEED our tax dollars to sell luxury cars is the last straw. The model 3 is 65k plus taxes and if you want anything good, it will cost you 80,000+ Why the fuck should my taxes go towards those purchases!? Is that what the carbon tax was all about!? So rich people can buy cool cars? Maybe they could have expanded on making homes more efficient (longer program) and maybe encourage business (especially offices) to fucking get their workforce to telecommute and avoid having stupid cars on the highways in the first place.

I get smaller cars like the volt and bolt, maybe the refund should have been used to actually take ICE powered cars off the road but even that is kind of iffy. There is no way anyone should support giving money away to people who can afford luxury cars. Why not give people who buy 2019 Mustangs money too, they are more efficient sports cars than their replacement foxes or S197's, etc...

That judge must be an idiot liberal. That case should have been thrown in the garbage and the person who brought it up should have been bitch-slapped.

Pretty much bang on. Tesla is run off government handouts and “contracts” no other business would survive that model if it wasn’t for the “global warming” bullshit that is being forced by our governments so they hand billions to Tesla for electric cars while he launches rockets out his ass.

It’s all total bullshit and anyone bitching because they don’t get their 15k rebate can simple piss off. I shouldn’t have to pay so you can have a nice car

The electric cars is still at the hobby stage (my opinion) and has been glamourized by a very influential business man. Hobbyist all over North America have been doing this for years. The infrastructure is not even close to support this and it's likely a new fuel will put it back into hobby mode. It's a cool concept but it's not for everyone. Most people rent living space and park outdoors. Drive down most residential streets and there's six cars in the driveway and three on the street in front of each house. The production of electricity is by far not clean and will get dirtier if the demand exceeds. Ingredients for batteries is scarce and will probably end before oil production is over. If what I read about electric cars in China is true most lose half the battery life between 5-8years of age. Could be a lot of old ev's getting v8 swaps...lol Hybrids make the most sense for the near future!

Off my meds again
    I've always resisted the temptation to spit on Teslas.... Now, game on.

hahaha!

Hate the game, not the players.

The Liberal introduced cap and trade on industry and used the proceeds to fund "green" rebates. Under that program, rich people buy luxury vehicles and receive a rebate. Then, instead of phasing out the program, the PCs axed it. So Tesla buyers cancelled their orders, breaking their contracts. Tesla sues the government, and the Judge agreed that the broken contracts were a direct result of the rebate cancellation.

So if you are going to be angry at anybody, be angry at the Liberals for the program in the first place. IMO, Tesla was just, and the judgement was correct.
    Tesla, Musk, Rich People, the Judge, all the players just playing the game by the rules set out by the Liberals.
    -Don____________

Apart from the B/S politics , have u driven a Tesla ?, I had a P90D for the weekend, soooooooooooo smooth and well balanced, perfect brakes , Harmon Kardon system, point it a brick wall and nail the happy stick , no worries, stop , OH did I mention the HP or WATTS or what ever u wanna call it, All I know is this 4 door sedan will leave my S/C Mustang in it trail , with ZERO noise & smooth as silk, apart from the price, I'd would be happy with one in my drive way & would trade in the 300 for one ! Can't wait to drive the new sport model, from what I've been reading they have turned it down twice already & its still way too fast for the road, this thing in F1 territory ! Giddy UP !
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

Give $1B to bail out the big 3, and nobody bats an eye.
    Give $100M in electric vehicle rebates, everyone loses their minds!
    -Don____________

But why does any part of that mean we have to help someone else pay for one?

Sorry above was a reply to mint2000

I was out spoken Against the bail outs to the manufactures. As were a lot of other people. I think the big difference bing the big three have or had plants here and supplied jobs and invested back into our economy.
    Not sure where Tesla is built but I don’t recall it being in Canada.