Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Muffler time! 2017 GT

stangstevers

Muffler time! 2017 GT

Ok so with the recent news of useless pigs going after cars instead of gangbangers... I think I need to downgrade my exhaust system.

I have Borla Attack? Looks like resonator delete and more "open" mufflers. I need to grab the stock stuff but hesitant to put it on. I think I can keep the resonator delete part of the borla system but put in quieter mufflers? I think it's 2.5"? No clue never really looked.

Any ideas? You think I can retro-fit some sort of 2018 active exhaust on there? I could just wire up a relay and a switch I think...

I typically don't shift more than 3000RPM to keep the noise down but if the mood strikes and I want to play a little, the thing gets loud... which is a good thing for me, keeps me within the speed limits for the most part.

Pehaps some Borla Touring mufflers will do the trick?

Steve I have a full borla s-type cat back with x-pipe on my 2017 Gt. You are welcome to come over and hear it. It’s aggressive but not obnoxious (IMO).

EC90FD19-63CA-4DC8-B968-C4307EEC8A61.jpeg
    FABMAN

Nice pic Fab! And yes your car is decent and far from obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Nice pic Fab! And yes your car is decent and far from obnoxious.
    Thanks Lawrence, happy you got those pictures. Hope to see you at the Heritage show!
    FABMAN

I don't think anything will come out of this. If it does it will take at least a year or 2. There will also be law suits from people who have a stock car from factory that is loud ie:GT350,Vettes,Ferrari's ect,ect. The auto industry will also chime in. Doug Ford is a car guy, and the Ministry of Transportation is a provincial entity . I think it his jurisdiction,so I'm sure he will weigh in at some point.
    GHIG

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    Steve I have a full borla s-type cat back with x-pipe on my 2017 Gt. You are welcome to come over and hear it. It’s aggressive but not obnoxious (IMO).

EC90FD19-63CA-4DC8-B968-C4307EEC8A61.jpeg
    We may have the same system? How can you tell, I should look under the stupid car one day. I think it's the attak though, is that louder than the S-type?

Well, since I drive at 5:30am... and the Coyote cold start thing. My neighbours don't need to wake up with me every day lol

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Ok so with the recent news of useless pigs going after cars instead of gangbangers... I think I need to downgrade my exhaust system.

I have Borla Attack? Looks like resonator delete and more "open" mufflers. I need to grab the stock stuff but hesitant to put it on. I think I can keep the resonator delete part of the borla system but put in quieter mufflers? I think it's 2.5"? No clue never really looked.

Any ideas? You think I can retro-fit some sort of 2018 active exhaust on there? I could just wire up a relay and a switch I think...

I typically don't shift more than 3000RPM to keep the noise down but if the mood strikes and I want to play a little, the thing gets loud... which is a good thing for me, keeps me within the speed limits for the most part.
    Not cool to me. Know and are friends with several police officers, take exception to that comment. If your cars too loud to you, guaranteed it's way way way tooooo loud to both non car peeps and law enforcement.

stangstevers
    I have cop friends too and they speak the same language. A lot of people on the force are just useless bullies out to get revenge on people. I know they are trained to have commanding postures and an escalation table and all that but I've met some serious assholes out there in my "winter driving training" days back in Quebec and we were on the same side lol I don't believe in having any love for the "tax man" and part of the job is just that. The other part is just nasty shit no one wants to hear about.

Next time buy an Auto way more control of how much noise you make out there and they are faster.

Tory is gone soon so why spend money cuz that idiot can't figure out a way to stop the shootings, this will go away in another month when the cars go to sleep then people will say "what noise?"

Steve, I have a feeling that one day you'll wake up and be a 100% liberal.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store