Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dash Cam Reviews

Dash Cam Reviews

Looking for new dash cams soon as mine are starting to give me problems. Right now I have BlackVue DR650GW-2 Channel cams which don’t like cold temperatures and seem to overheat in the summer. Looking for first hand long term reviews from anyone running cams with pros and cons.
    "If your wife is having a good time and you're not,
    You're still having a better time than if you were having a good time, and she wasn't."

I am running a BlackVue DR 750S 2 channel in my Q50 and a Spytech G1W-C in my Jetta and to be honest with you the Spytech works really well. I heard that the Vantrue works great as well. I think that having a screen is still a better choice IMO. Having to download the videos to my phone has not been the best. Weak wifi signal keeps coming up.

I've been using a Viofo A118c for around 3 years now. It's been very reliable, video quality is good, it's compact and discreet. No doubt the next cam I'll be getting is the newer version of what I have, which is the Viofo A119.

Quote Originally Posted by SVOMACH1 View Post
    BlackVue DR650GW-2 Channel cams which don’t like cold temperatures and seem to overheat in the [one week of] summer.
    That hasn't been my experience with the DR400G-HD. I've had mine since 2012 and it's still going strong. My only complaint is it tends to corrupt SD cards. I have to occasionally re-format them.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    That hasn't been my experience with the DR400G-HD. I've had mine since 2012 and it's still going strong. My only complaint is it tends to corrupt SD cards. I have to occasionally re-format them.
    Ha Ha, one week of summer. Mine eats cards like crazy and needs updating once a month. WiFi doesn't work that well also.
    "If your wife is having a good time and you're not,
    You're still having a better time than if you were having a good time, and she wasn't."

I have the Viofo A119 got it on kijiji for $40. I love it. With the wedge design you don't even notice it from the outside. Quality of the videos day and night are crisp 1080p 60hrz. Sun glares off of white sometimes, plates can be an issue, but you can buy the anti glare lens. I had an issue with the GPS module and overheating. The fix is to connect the power to the camera, Not the GPS. GPS still works this way and no more over heating.

Pros:
    Cheap to buy one
    hidden
    video quality
    G-sensor, GPS, Parking Mode
    Works well in winter and summer(after fix)

Cons:
    No app
    have to pull out Micro SD card to get the videos
    Known issues with certain SD cards like sanDisk
    No rear camera
    Joel,

Mustang Occasionally
    I have an older 4Sight Dashcam. It's not particularly stealth and there are certainly higher quality ones with better video and bluetooth now. But it's been super reliable. Never had an issue with it. It records front and rear with swivel cameras on the unit itself. It's been very good.

However, having said that, I had a newer Mustang for a few days last week and it had Thinkware front and rear dashcams. Very well placed out of the way and with blue tooth, you can download the vids right to your phone to review and send. It was very cool.

I have the DoD LS460 and it's a quality HD unit (you can choose lower res as well). Have had it for about 5 yrs. now and been very happy with it. Lots of features including recording your speed, which was great when I was flying around Mosport, and might even come in handy if you get stopped for speeding....when in fact you weren't?

One thing I learned....the SD micro cards do eventually wear out. I got a memory error, contacted their support and sure enough, the issue was caused by the SD Card. A new card and the issue was fixed. Didn't realize they had a life span when it comes to read/writes.

Roushcharged
    I've got a Thinkware F50 dashcam, it was inexpensive at $100 from Bestbuy. Came with a memory card that overwrites itself when its full. I've had for a year now and have had zero issues. If you take the memory card and plug it in to your laptop you can customize all the settings to your preference. I think the model has been replaced but I'd definitely recommend it. I've attached a youtube clip of an accident I witnessed.... Enjoy the Indian music

Quote Originally Posted by allicedout View Post
    I've got a Thinkware F50 dashcam, it was inexpensive at $100 from Bestbuy. Came with a memory card that overwrites itself when its full. I've had for a year now and have had zero issues. If you take the memory card and plug it in to your laptop you can customize all the settings to your preference. I think the model has been replaced but I'd definitely recommend it. I've attached a youtube clip of an accident I witnessed.... Enjoy the Indian music

That looks like the Mercedes did that on purpose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!