Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3

Thread: UPR Coil over kits

UPR Coil over kits

yhst-37354654005614_2270_304635282[1].jpg

recently I purchased Eibac Pro Damper shocks and have been reconsidering - has anyone used these coil over kits from UPR - good or bad and can different spring rates be had...? Thinking of using them with the Pro Damper shocks instead conventional springs. I plan to drive hard...thanks!

Suggest you jump over lesser shocks and got straight to either Bilstein or Koni dbl adjustable + MM coil over kit.

The Eibach Pro Damper struts arent bad to use on a coilover conversion, as their own coilover kit uses that strut. Max spring rate is about 250lb.
    However, their coil over strut has a threaded body instead of a coilover sleeve. Their rear shocks are not made to use with a coilover.

I used to have the Eibach coilover kit as my very first setup. Great kit, no complaints at the time and when I sold it to go with a GR40 Super Street Kit on my old car.

cool thanks for all the info - I didn't plan on doing as much work as I'm doing but have been inspired since I joined the TMC not too long ago. I have a big plan but want to use the car next year so I'm scaling back a bit just to get her up and running, but still going to make some big changes...I've checked a lot of sites but never seen the Eibach kit!

A friend of mine had the eibach coilover kit on a newer stang blew 2 shocks or struts cant remember which one he said and not a cheap kit iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by juvehab View Post
    A friend of mine had the eibach coilover kit on a newer stang blew 2 shocks or struts cant remember which one he said and not a cheap kit iirc.
    I'm worried about breaking shit - some of this stuff is made I think just for cool factor and not abuse - those struts in the photo above don't appeal to me...The Pro Damper shocks I purchased seem like they would handle the job and yes they where very pricey - thanks for the input i never get tired of information....

rioredsvt
    Like zr recommended, bilsteins and mm coilovers and be done