Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  8

Thread: can someone explain why firing usless politicians is a bad thing?

stangstevers

can someone explain why firing usless politicians is a bad thing?

Ford is the next "hitler" according to some posts in left-wing media sites. They say democracy is at risk and the people are going to suffer, etc... When I lived in Toronto, I never once really cared about councilors - 47 or 7, no difference to me.

I don't understand the point of having these roles in the first place and I certainly don't get why Toronto has to have almost the same amount as NYC!?

I'm no politician but I'd manage the city differently and make sure there's a "global" or city-wide system for things like the TTC so decisions are made for the better good of the overall city (and partnership with GTA). Citizens should have no say in things like transit planning and certainly not a bunch of stupid politicians, this has to be done by a fully agnostic committee. I think some sort of committee that only gets paid if they are successful, some sort of ROWE style contract.

Simple fact, saving money is a huge NO-NO.

I think with salary and budget allowance for assistants etc you'd save roughly $400k per councillor. So easy $9 million saved per year. No mention of that in the news

Rob Ford mentioned their income and wasteful budgets for years before he was elected - when he then got elected, he was attacked by the killer bee's who stood to loose their do nothing income and was pounded in the media for trying to be an honest politician and save tax money without closing public programs like swimming pools eg. - the other blowhards will take away every benefit our tax dollars put in place before doing the right thing - I could give a rats ass either way I don't live in Toronto but Toronto the TTC the Hydro, to name a few, are the reason's are tax's are so high thru wasteful do nothing agenda's and poor dick head management! ----lol there you got me going...hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    I don’t think it has anything to do with the issues. it’s about “Doug Ford is evil and we must resist anything he does, because you know he’s literally Hitler”.
    Hitler gave the masses the peoples car (VW)
    Ford gave us buck a beer...
    no way hes anything close to resembling Hitler

fcuk these libtards this guy is staying elected by the people for the people......let him do his job.He will try the save us some $$$ unlike the wasteful gas plant libs....wasting billions no mention of that just Ford is against democracy......nice try liberal media lalalalala i cant hear u......but u can carry on and i know u will.
    '86 LX--5.2 Predator,TVS 2.65,built 6r80,308 gear,recaros,etc, 863 rwhp....@15 psi
    '03 Cobra DSG built 4v,TW cams,built t56.G-force axles ---3.0 Whipple 840 rwhp……….(18psi)
    '23 Ranger Lariat Splash.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Ford is the next "hitler" according to some posts in left-wing media sites. They say democracy is at risk and the people are going to suffer, etc... When I lived in Toronto, I never once really cared about councilors - 47 or 7, no difference to me.

I don't understand the point of having these roles in the first place and I certainly don't get why Toronto has to have almost the same amount as NYC!?

I'm no politician but I'd manage the city differently and make sure there's a "global" or city-wide system for things like the TTC so decisions are made for the better good of the overall city (and partnership with GTA). Citizens should have no say in things like transit planning and certainly not a bunch of stupid politicians, this has to be done by a fully agnostic committee. I think some sort of committee that only gets paid if they are successful, some sort of ROWE style contract.
    It's not a bad thing but when it's your job I suppose some would dig their heels in when they're not looking at the bigger picture (ie. despite knowing it's wasteful/redundant or knowing obsolescence is here or coming for them, but they are resistant to inevitable change).

Same thing happened in the election with Wynne/Hudak - a lot of folks (including some on here) outright said they would not vote for Hudak in order to preserve their union or government jobs. Same difference.

stangstevers
    I understand the politicians fighting to keep their jobs, I don’t blame them for that.

But the media and some (paid?) protestors are screaming stuff like human rights violations? I can’t make the connection nor can anyone protesting or medias explain in detail the human rights violations? They go into tangents that seem obvious pandering or something.

Anyone that wants to keep the councillors should volunteer a few percentage points of their income to cover the cost

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    I understand the politicians fighting to keep their jobs, I don’t blame them for that.

But the media and some (paid?) protestors are screaming stuff like human rights violations? I can’t make the connection nor can anyone protesting or medias explain in detail the human rights violations? They go into tangents that seem obvious pandering or something.
    Yeah that last part is ridiculous.