Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinion on Husky 20 Gallon aircompressor.

Opinion on Husky 20 Gallon aircompressor.

My air compressor from CT crapped and want to buy a new one today (I hope) not impressed with the CT one, not that old and didn't use a tonne. Considering Husky. Opinions or recommendation please.

I've been looking also, after my compressor crapped out. Although it still runs, not sure how long it will keep going as the cheapo plastic cooling fan exploded and I can't source a new one cuz the manufacturer went tits up.

Home Depot sells Califorina Air Tools and I'm kinda partial to their 2hp/10gal model. Reviews seem pretty good. Only problem is you have to order it in.
    https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.1...001031835.html

Depends what you are using it for. Pumping up tires, impact wrench, sanders, etc.
    PSI is almost irrelevant to CFM. How much air are you using?

Oil-lubricated pump is always going to be better than oil-less ones. A lot quieter too. But more expensive.

I actually run 2 compressors. A larger Pacific Ranger for the big jobs, and a little Dewalt nailer compressor for smaller jobs. To be honest, the small compressor get more use.
    -Don____________

Looking at the Kobalt 2 hp electric now ... pricey though....hmmmm

Husky 30 gallon looks ok. wish someone could chime in who used these ones.

like redsn said - if you need big force you need a good compressor - most of the cheaper ones are good for nail guns and airing tires - if you want to removed stubborn bolts with a 1/2 inch or better impact gun you will be out of luck - how long they will last who knows...if you want to power tools some of the rechargeable tools are good most young guys use them now and no compressor required. you can also get electric impacts with good force to removed wheel nuts.

You will also extend the life of your portable comp considerably if it's stored inside during the winter, uber hard on them firing up in the extreme cold.
    Yes electric impact guns have come a very long way in the last few years, insane power compared to the glorified toys of not so many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    You will also extend the life of your portable comp considerably if it's stored inside during the winter, uber hard on them firing up in the extreme cold.
    ^^^ X2! Plus draining the tank after every use, helps in keeping the tank from rusting out.

Its always in the garage, but don't use much in the winter. Thinking of going oil filled this time around. Looks like better unit and quieter.

Found out the hard way that it’s well worth the money to buy a good compressor up front. I spend enough on crap that wouldn’t do the job it would have been cheaper just to get the good one up front.