Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  30
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you pay 20K USD for Very Low mileage 1982 GT?

Thanks for all the replies and advice. That silver 82 T Top car is mint, but after thinking about what it would finally cost me to get into my garage, I'm pretty sure I would regret buying it. I think $10K would be my limit as Lou stated (although I don't totally agree with his reasoning). I get the "YOLO" you only live once saying, but I also believe it's really important to spend your hard earned cash on things that you need and not "I wants". If I had the money to buy what I wanted, man, I would probably have a dozen foureyed Foxes. I'm not into the big horsepower performance, although it is amazing to drive a new Mustang with over 400 HP. I want a hobby car for the sentimental reasons...remembering my late teen years in the early 80's. Heck I still have 4 cases of cassette tapes I'm waiting to play...LOL. Thanks again to all who replied. I appreciate it.

nice - I've moved up tp cd's.....lol still the 80's music tho!!

I would never compare a Fox to an old Camaro, Chevelle, Charger, Nova or even a 69 Mustang those don't fall under the same category and if it wasn't for that guy on Barrett Jackson the Fox would still be selling for a lot less. I also realize not everyone is into performance but I was just answering the question put out there.

Basically I feel the value of the Fox has been inflated and it has taken away from the die hard car guys, up until 4 years ago you could get out of your Fox and get back into another one without taking out a mortgage now everyone thinks they have the next Barrett Jackson show stopper in their garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    Lou, it's not all about performance for everyone.....some people pay huge money for cars that are big crap boxes in terms of performance, quality etc. It all comes down to what people want. Honestly to me, anything 05+ is a boat....I like them, but I prefer my smaller feeling Fox. Anyways, by your logic, no one should want a 69 Camaro RS/SS or a 70 Boss 429 as they are based on cheap platforms and performance is no where close to a new car.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

Quote Originally Posted by Minaccia View Post
    I would never compare a Fox to an old Camaro, Chevelle, Charger, Nova or even a 69 Mustang those don't fall under the same category and if it wasn't for that guy on Barrett Jackson the Fox would still be selling for a lot less. I also realize not everyone is into performance but I was just answering the question put out there.

Basically I feel the value of the Fox has been inflated and it has taken away from the die hard car guys, up until 4 years ago you could get out of your Fox and get back into another one without taking out a mortgage now everyone thinks they have the next Barrett Jackson show stopper in their garage.
    I agree prices are a bit crazy BUT they started to rise quite a bit before the insane prices on Barrett Jackson. It's all supply and demand right....market dictates what they will sell for.

And curious why a Fox can't be put into the same category as an old Camaro, Chevelle etc? It's essentially the same thing.

You're right about the prices rising before the BJ show look at that 86 vert I bought for $6500 3 years ago, put a bit of cash into it and within 18 months I sold it for $12,500 and I couldn't understand why and regarding why I can't put the Fox in the same category as the others has a bit to do with me, haha.

You're a good kid Norm and I like getting you going on the Foxes now get that old expensive block of wood to run 11's.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    I agree prices are a bit crazy BUT they started to rise quite a bit before the insane prices on Barrett Jackson. It's all supply and demand right....market dictates what they will sell for.

And curious why a Fox can't be put into the same category as an old Camaro, Chevelle etc? It's essentially the same thing.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

Fox not same as Camaro chevelle etc cuz the Ford big blocks hang with them .

& Fox’s didn’t come with chrome bumpers !

Quote Originally Posted by Minaccia View Post
    You're right about the prices rising before the BJ show look at that 86 vert I bought for $6500 3 years ago, put a bit of cash into it and within 18 months I sold it for $12,500 and I couldn't understand why and regarding why I can't put the Fox in the same category as the others has a bit to do with me, haha.

You're a good kid Norm and I like getting you going on the Foxes now get that old expensive block of wood to run 11's.
    Lou you know it's always all good man, nothing like a little friendly chatter!

I need more time at the drag strip, its me not the car why it hasn't run an 11. It really should run a mid 11 or better. It makes an additional 40ish rwhp compared to last time I had it at the strip as well.

So, get out there n let er hang at the strip.

stangstevers
    Lou would hate this auction lol https://www.ebay.com/itm/183432512378

45k USD for a mint notchback...

wow that's the highest price I've seen - seen one on kijiji in the spring for 35,000 couldn't believe what I was looking at - I always remember these cars as having a single thin grey pin stripping from the factory along the side accenting the body line....?