Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  55
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mustang Sales Down 41%...

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    In my mind to pay 50-100,000$ for an investment with no return, that may not last much longer then 10yrs if driven daily, and with the gout threats of not being able to buy gas in the near future, it's a no briner I don't even give a new performance car much thought.
    A car is not an "investment" unless you wrap it in plastic with 0 miles for a few decades (assuming it is a collectible type car/model). Otherwise you won't see any capital gains or dividends that would constitute a financial ROI.

- - - Updated - - -

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    A car is not an "investment" unless you wrap it in plastic with 0 miles for a few decades (assuming it is a collectible type car/model). Otherwise you won't see any capital gains or dividends that would constitute a financial ROI.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh lol- at least I know who to go to for some financial planning- just not enough finance to finance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

For comparison my first new car was a 1975 Camaro 350 4 barrel 4 speed for $5,250......I only made $100 per week at that time!

And a new 75 Corvette could be had for around $7,500!

according to info online my Pace Car was around $10,000 new (may have been higher than average at that time cause it's a limited supply) - in 1990 I bought 5.0 notch for $13,500 not much increase from 1979 - I do remember the late 80's Cobra's and vert starting I think around $17,000 - sometime in the 90's car prices began to spiral upwards out of control (imo) - I do remember in the late 80's Ford putting together to 5.0 notch package to try a sell cars. My wife's 2015 Caravan (and we've owned many) was 26,000 cash which really has not changed too much I believe over the last twenty years. I can justify the cost if it last 10 years 2600/year ownership - with any luck Ford will have a big sale next year....lol then maybe just maybe....

It could be worse, it could be a Camaro

https://www.powernationtv.com/post/c...losing-to-ford

I do like this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    I do like this though.
    Got nuff if that black plastic below the hood ?
    Quite the beard , idk , the rest of the car looks ok

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    just for comparison: accounting for inflation, that $14k back in 1990 would be equivalent to $24k today. So yeah, a $37k Mustang is pretty expensive! Like 50% more.

But it’s priced competitively and it’s way more car.

I’m not denying it’s a great car and great value, but you made it sound like it was inexpensive. It’s still a fun car, but it’s no longer a cheap car. The premise of this thread was the declining sales numbers. The hypothesis is that it is directly proportional to the increased cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    You can get a Mustang GT for 37K and change....
    -Don____________

yes they are competitively priced but way out of my budget - if you look the graph there's a big drop off starting in 2008 to present. it may be safe to say that's due to pricing not flooded market - that's ten years of lost sales - it would be interesting to see what other brands are doing - I know comparing my minivan to a mustang is like apples and oranges but the 2015 caravan is ten time's the 2003 caravan was with very little price increase. That being said maybe after ten years of losing sales there may be a buying increase....