Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  353
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: All things track, road course or drag

Cool All things track, road course or drag

BFG R1 tires.

Once you experience an R Comp tire on the track, there is no going back. Once warmed up, difference in traction over even a good street tire is night and day. Car will turn in places you could never have imagined. Got a little over two full seasons on my last set so not ridiculously expensive.

I haven't experienced them yet really didnt think they would last that long 2 seasons sounds good....

I use Continental slicks, as Rick stated you will never run street tires again. I buy them off kijiji. Approx $75-100 each.

You should have dedicated track brakes. One experience of brake fade into a corner is all it takes.
    I've personally only run Hawk pads for no reason really. Hawk HPS pads don't work in my experience.
    Hawk HP+ front and rear is what I'm currently using. Work great, reasonably priced, but may not last as long as other pads.
    Plain old Ford (brembo) rotors too. Just can't kill those rotors.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Expanding on the brakes, fluid is extremely important. You want a fluid that doesn't boil as easily as stock. I've been using SuperBlue for several years, though no longer available due to its colour. Will be switching to their amber fluid once my current stock of Blue is exhausted.

While we talk about all kinds mods to make our rides perform better, the most important one is a driver mod. Until you have some seat time pushing your car around a road course or drag strip, you will be the weak link. Your stock ride will be more than capable to put a perma-grin on your mug.

CG Lock. Spend your energy driving not holding yourself in your crappy stock Fox seats.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    I ran Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 this year that’s what I had, hawk hps, and motul 5.1

Impressed with the fairly budget price tires- got the job done better than my continental dw ( sorry conti fans)

Motul fluid held up but definitely need changing.
    Hawk hps - disappointing- spongy ,brake fade initial bite good but that disappears- cooked them too
    but I guess it got the job done I didn’t go into the grass mind you I don’t go “ Brad Speed” lol

- for data and video I used TrackAddict- free version lets you record 3 u have to delete to record more- $11.99 paid version unlimited
    U can Bluetooth your obd2 as well and wifi external GoPro

oh and my rims are now flat BLACK thanks HPS lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

In terms of brake fluid I have had great success with Motul DOT 5.1 in my past vehicles. I am due in my Q and will be running it again. Definitely will be upgrading front rotors and pads all around.

Tried a few before settling on tried n true Super Blue. Have enough for one more full flush then it'll be hunt for a suitable replacement.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    In terms of brake fluid I have had great success with Motul DOT 5.1 in my past vehicles. I am due in my Q and will be running it again. Definitely will be upgrading front rotors and pads all around.
    Last session it held up, but I had more tire grip this session and pushed deeper .. huh? Lol u know what I mean
    Anyway I was quicker this session I may try something else next session

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    I ran Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 this year that’s what I had, hawk hps, and motul 5.1

Impressed with the fairly budget price tires- got the job done better than my continental dw ( sorry conti fans)

Motul fluid held up but definitely need changing.
    Hawk hps - disappointing- spongy ,brake fade initial bite good but that disappears- cooked them too
    but I guess it got the job done I didn’t go into the grass mind you I don’t go “ Brad Speed” lol

- also for you newbies for data and video I used TrackAddict- free version lets you record 3 u have to delete to record more- $11.99 paid version unlimited
    U can Bluetooth your obd2 as well and wifi external GoPro

oh and my rims are now flat BLACK thanks HPS lol

Sorry to hear on the pads, initial bite and feel seemed excellent.
    Track ap, how well does it work? Problems or things that aren't cool with it?