Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  353
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: All things track, road course or drag

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    I knew they were closely matched, but I thought the Merc was being held up, and was finally going to get past the Audi on the long straight. That R8 must have GT500-like powah.
    The GT3's are built to run equal, however teams can choose what aero package they want to use... looks like the R8 was running a lower downforce package you could see the Benz catching him at Flugplatz but then pull away through Kottenborn and Schwedenkreuz but then catch him again on the high speed corner going into Aremberg where the Audi needs to lift sooner for the high speed left hander. You can watch him walk away even in the draft up the mountain through Kesselchen. The Benz couldn't get by even with side draft. If the R8 hadn't have been held up by traffic exiting Galgenkopf, he would have drove away on Döttinger Höhe easy. But if the Benz were able to get out front I think he'd be able to gain enough in the twisties to hold off the charging R8 on the straights...

^^^if you figure out how to mount a pair of those to a FOX/SN95 front setup ....you better make several pairs.
    I'm on it boss! I bet with some messing around you would make it work. The biggest flaw I'm thinking of it is basically getting that air to the brakes. Since the s550's have a under tray ... it is deflecting that air to the brakes a lot easier then a sn95 would be.

IMG_0543-M.jpg

IMG_5245-M.jpg

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

From what I've read, depending on your brake setup and how hard you are pushing, there is a huge benefit to running a "brake cooling system".
    - Longer Rotor/Pad life
    - Longer Brake fluid life (don't boil fluid)
    - Better brake pedal feel for longer (not boiling fluid)
    - Increase wheel bearing life
    - Lower's rim & Tire temperature ... less brake heat = less heat to surrounding parts

Some of these things might be a stretch but in certain circumstances I could see them all being true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Rob has brake ducting on his SN95... shoot him a PM
    I know ducts work... was just interested in not running a duct and deflecting air to the brakes. My perfectionist mindset is just thinking out loud and thought I'd share.

https://vorshlag-store.com/collectio...-deflector-kit

Here is the link to the actual product if anyone is interested... it sounds like it's a basic bolt on to S550's.

I think that design is epic cool, eliminating all the hassle of hoses. Some really smart n creative peeps out there.

“Cool” and simple idea. Love it
    Attach it to the sway bar?
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

The ideal location for cooling duct intakes on the SN95 is to pop out the fog lights and use the holes. But I’m already using one of my fog lights for oil cooler cold air.
    Wondering if it’s possible to scoop some air from under the car and deflect it towards the brake rotors?

-Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    “Cool” and simple idea. Love it
    Attach it to the sway bar?
    My first thought was mounting it to the shock. I think you'd want it to rotate with the wheel, no chance of cutting a tire then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    From what I've read, depending on your brake setup and how hard you are pushing, there is a huge benefit to running a "brake cooling system".
    - Longer Rotor/Pad life
    - Longer Brake fluid life (don't boil fluid)
    - Better brake pedal feel for longer (not boiling fluid)
    - Increase wheel bearing life
    - Lower's rim & Tire temperature ... less brake heat = less heat to surrounding parts

Some of these things might be a stretch but in certain circumstances I could see them all being true.

I know ducts work... was just interested in not running a duct and deflecting air to the brakes. My perfectionist mindset is just thinking out loud and thought I'd share.

https://vorshlag-store.com/collectio...-deflector-kit

Here is the link to the actual product if anyone is interested... it sounds like it's a basic bolt on to S550's.
    oh my bad, I guess I misread, I thought you were trying to figure out how to run ducting

Wondering if it’s possible to scoop some air from under the car and deflect it towards the brake rotors?
    Yeah, I think that's the only way to make the deflector work.

Like, look at this video of this company making one for subaru's.

Of course on there website they give the answer of "improve braking" but no numbers to back it up. I think the only way the deflector works is if you had someway to force air to it.

I think once I actually get my car, i'm going to mess around with some cardboard and make a undertray. ABS Plastic isn't all that expensive and can just make a template out of cardboard.
    I've always wanted to try making something for these cars and I feel like there would be an improvement to downforce and possible fuel consumption. Every single new car out there, whether it be a high performance car or a mini van has some sort of plastic undertray... I know this cause they are a bitch for changing oils!!! lol!

The other thing that interests me personally is, when I had my 95 Miata, it had a undertray plastic thing like you see today. When I took it off and went for a drive on the highway in it, you could literally feel how different the car drove. It felt like the car was buffeting in the front. Yes the car weighed nothing (21xxlbs) but still interested in knowing if it would help at all on a heavier car. /shrugs

Sorry i like to nerd out on stuff like this.