Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  353
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: All things track, road course or drag

My visor is always open on the road course. Drag race wise, it would only be closed for a couple minutes. For the burn out and the run down the strip.
    Surprised the drag strip doesn't require a closed visor.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

I try to keep mine closed most of the way, just in case ... you only get one set of eyes.
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Ya I did look for some sort rule on requiring visor down but could not find any mention of it.
    I also ordered light weight racequip race shoes. Was wearing safety shoes that are definitely heavier. Now hope race shoes are heavy enough to hammer in the pretty darn stiff clutch...but the spec 3 puck clutch velvet slips and never smells even when deliberately slipping, the material they use is like no other. The ram clutch few years ago welded itself to flywheel and when pushed in clutch after burn out the car kept going...
    Last edited by bbriann; 03-03-2020 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    I try to keep mine closed most of the way, just in case ... you only get one set of eyes.
    I keep mine open, but I'm going to try it closed this year. Every person I've talked to that has been in an accident always says they wish they kept their visor closed.

Exactly ... I've had small debris come off the track and find its way through the window and the visor opening before. You get used to running with it down, just have it cracked a bit for some air flow. I got a tinted visor last year as well so now I don't have to jam sunglasses in there too.
    12 GT500 coupe
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

And that’s why they call him The Stig
    -Don____________

We were talking about it at wingnight. Here's the place I was talking about that makes a wack of carbon fibre stuff. Out of my budget but some really cool stuff for a lot of different cars.

https://ajhartmanaero.com/

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Yes fast ed that's why thinking about starting use visor....

Got an email this morning from the Ross Bentley mailing list that he has published a 25 page guide for newcomers to performance driving events. I haven't perused it yet but I'm sure there will be some great tips in there for people who have never done this before, or maybe have a few times and are still feeling a bit daunted with the experience.

Free download here, they just want your email address. They're good for not spamming the crap out of you with all kinds of useless shite.

https://hpde-1st-timer.com/

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe

Ordered an oil cooler w/ fan (same as ZR posted) and Improved Racing remote filter and oil cooler adaptor with thermostat to be used in conjunction with MM oil filter relocation kit already installed on the car to keep the car cool on track days.

https://www.holley.com/products/cool...rs/parts/70297
    http://www.improvedracing.com/oil-co...tat-p-781.html