Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  353
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: All things track, road course or drag

I've never driven on road course track and I'm chomping at the bit to get there - It's not to say I don't drive hard I have some very technical short cuts on my way home from work and exercise the car well thru them. I always here the importance of brakes and I have to ask this question because brakes in the old days where always a second thought...are extreme brake setups more important for automatic cars vs standard cars or is it equal?

Bring it by my place Ron and I will get them cleaned up for you. PM me and we can make an arrangement for time. If my car was a summer toy and had the occasional track event I would definitely move up to the RBF 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    I ran Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 this year that’s what I had, hawk hps, and motul 5.1

Impressed with the fairly budget price tires- got the job done better than my continental dw ( sorry conti fans)

Motul fluid held up but definitely need changing.
    Hawk hps - disappointing- spongy ,brake fade initial bite good but that disappears- cooked them too
    but I guess it got the job done I didn’t go into the grass mind you I don’t go “ Brad Speed” lol

- also for you newbies for data and video I used TrackAddict- free version lets you record 3 u have to delete to record more- $11.99 paid version unlimited
    U can Bluetooth your obd2 as well and wifi external GoPro

oh and my rims are now flat BLACK thanks HPS lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    ^^ TrackAddict works great
    Works by gps so type your track name and it comes up- I ended up buying it
    Speed and course lay out is on screen and g force, brake
    Mind u it probably not as accurate as what you real racers have but for recreational use , not disappointed one bit
    Plus video output looks cool.

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Have not stepped up to r-comps yet as I drive to the track on my tire setup. I’ve always run the Nitto NT-05’s and have been very happy with them on my set-up. I’ve had 2 sets so far. Could have gotten another season out of the last set, but I must have run or slid over something that took some chunks out, and on one tire I had a groove that cut into the belts.

Next year, going to be sporting a set of Nankang NS2r’s

And G-Loc R10 pads on the Ford (brembo) rotors
    -Don____________

Hawk street/race pad is the best I've used yet. It's never faded and has excellent cold bite. Down side is its noisy and dusty
    I simply wash and wax my wheels regularly to keep the dust from wrecking the wheels

For brake fluid I use Mopar dot4. Never had any issues with it and if it's good enough for a viper and SRT vehicles then
    It's good enough for me lol

Michelin pilot super sport tire has been the best track capable tire I've used . Lots of grip both dry and wet so you don't have to worry about getting caught in the rain. I've got 7 track days on mine the the tread wear is awesome without any chunking

Quote Originally Posted by 98 Snake View Post
    Hawk street/race pad is the best I've used yet. It's never faded and has excellent cold bite. Down side is its noisy and dusty
    I simply wash and wax my wheels regularly to keep the dust from wrecking the wheels

For brake fluid I use Mopar dot4. Never had any issues with it and if it's good enough for a viper and SRT vehicles then
    It's good enough for me lol

Michelin pilot super sport tire has been the best track capable tire I've used . Lots of grip both dry and wet so you don't have to worry about getting caught in the rain. I've got 7 track days on mine the the tread wear is awesome without any chunking
    Damn it I got the wrong Hawk pads! Oh well .

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,

You can never have enough brakes lol You might not like all the dust and noise it your dd your car other wise they are awesome pads but are kinda pricey

end of day run
    here is short clip using Trackaddict for those that don't have it

^ Now that sir is very cool.
    Have any full / multi laps clips?

In regards to the CG lock
    I looked and could not find it for sale and in stock, websites down and it seems they are not around anymore.
    Couple companies make 3 point harnessess to use without a bar and bolt to factory locations but the cost and install wasnt worth it to me.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk