Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  353
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: All things track, road course or drag

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    I was thinking of getting these for next session, I may have used too much leather conditioner on the seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

clever...

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    In regards to the CG lock
    I looked and could not find it for sale and in stock, websites down and it seems they are not around anymore.
    Really? This pops up as one of the first google hits:
    http://www.rallysport.ca/safety/cg-lock.htm
    https://www.ft86motorsports.com/inte...e-driving.html
    https://www.camarodepot.ca/interior/...seat-belt-lock

edit:
    We have now launched SHOFT to replace CG-Lock. It's lighter, easier to fit and live with and has got top 5* ratings from the press. See why at www.SHOFT.co.uk - October 6, 2015
    SHOFT? that hardly seems like a replacement for CG-Lock. That's a shame. The CG-Lock was a great product. Guess I better hang onto mine.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    ^ Now that sir is very cool.
    Have any full / multi laps clips?

oh i finally figured out why vids are only max 3 mins-
    RaceRender free edition ( edits Track addict) 3 mins max
    if anyone knows of another one that does it longer please let me know thanks

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,

That is Bad Ass, thanks Ron.

Mustang Occasionally
    I get my fluids changed every spring. Oil, trans, brake and rear end. I may do the trans more than once depending on how many events I’m planning on doing for the season. All OEM Ford fluids. My front breaks were upgraded to the 6 piston Brembos in the spring of 2016 before the track day. I hammer on them in a full weight convertible and they’ve never faded on 15-20 minute sessions. They haul the car down quick every time. I have replaced the back brakes this year (Ford OEM), but the fronts are still going strong so far after several track days. I’ve used MT Street Comps and now on Nitto NT05’s. Both decent tires and won’t break the bank. I drive to the track, drop the pressures a bit and go and have fun. Then drive home. The car seems to grip very well for street tires. I did do the Eibach Pro Kit when I first got the car and I have nothing but good things to say about it. No too firm on the street and does enthusiastic and track ventures very well

Yup. I love this car.

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    I get my fluids changed every spring. Oil, trans, brake and rear end. I may do the trans more than once depending on how many events I’m planning on doing for the season. All OEM Ford fluids. My front breaks were upgraded to the 6 piston Brembos in the spring of 2016 before the track day. I hammer on them in a full weight convertible and they’ve never faded on 15-20 minute sessions. They haul the car down quick every time. I have replaced the back brakes this year (Ford OEM), but the fronts are still going strong so far after several track days. I’ve used MT Street Comps and now on Nitto NT05’s. Both decent tires and won’t break the bank. I drive to the track, drop the pressures a bit and go and have fun. Then drive home. The car seems to grip very well for street tires. I did do the Eibach Pro Kit when I first got the car and I have nothing but good things to say about it. No too firm on the street and does enthusiastic and track ventures very well

Yup. I love this car.
    She looked great out there,
    Any problems with stones or bugs Chris with the new grill?

Runs cooler too I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    I drive to the track, drop the pressures a bit and go and have fun. Then drive home.
    What pressure do you run on the street that you are dropping pressure at the track? I guess the better question is: what pressure are you running the tires (hot) at the track?
    Just asking because I usually have to add air pressure at the track, then drop it before heading home.
    -Don____________

I have used stoptech (formerly power slot) rotors in the past so that’s what I went with for this time. I tried out the hawk street/race pads and they worked surprisingly well. I never got brake fade with my heavy boat anchor. I also installed brake cooling ducts though so that could have helped. I never track a car with out a good flush of the fluid. Well the night before the track day I realized that I had emptied out my stock pile of ford HD performance brake fluid....oops. So once the parts place opened at 8am I grabbed stoptech stb 600 fluid. Full system flush when home and good to go. If you track your car often during the season you should at least flush the lines a few times and top up the reservoir. This time for me was the first I think my car has ever had. It was brown and black. Not cool. One of my fav upgrades was my rear control relocation brackets and tubular lower control arms with heim joint ends! Wow. The rear of the car feels 100% more tight. I
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    She looked great out there,
    Any problems with stones or bugs Chris with the new grill?

Runs cooler too I would think.

This is the Cervini C series grille which I did this year replacing the Lethal Performance grille delete. I would think the grille delete was able to get more air in there but I was just never completely sold on the looks. The Cervini looks much more aggressive and almost has a GT350 look to it. No issues with debris other than some bugs.