Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  353
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: All things track, road course or drag

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What pressure do you run on the street that you are dropping pressure at the track? I guess the better question is: what pressure are you running the tires (hot) at the track?
    Just asking because I usually have to add air pressure at the track, then drop it before heading home.
    The recommended tire pressure on my car is 35psi cold. On the street, once warmed up that equates to about 40psi. But if I were to run that on the road course, those pressures would go much higher due to the increased heat and make the tires too greasy under those extreme conditions. So I lower it to about 30psi at the track so they come up to about 40psi under track conditions. The front left I may drop an extra pound or two because of the high speed right corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    The recommended tire pressure on my car is 35psi cold.
    Oh, okay, didn't realize the recommended tire pressures on the S550 was that high.
    Mine is 30 psi (cold) on the street. So I'm usually adding a bit of air when I get to the track.
    -Don____________

Hard for me respond on individual upgrades as all were done at the same time, but I felt like the whole package worked flawlessly for my first time at the track in the car
    IRS with full tilt boogie throughout
    Torsen t2r
    MM coilovers
    Koni double adjustable struts
    Bilstein single adjustable shocks
    MM solid steering shaft
    MM front control arms
    mM steering rack bushings
    Steeda full length sub frames
    MM SS flex hoses front and rear
    Cobra rear calipers with drilled and slotted rotors
    245/40/18 Nitto NT05 tires all around
    Alignment done at Apex motoring in Mississauga
    Car already had Baer front brakes

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Hard for me respond on individual upgrades as all were done at the same time, but I felt like the whole package worked flawlessly for my first time at the track in the car
    Torsten t2r
    MM coilovers
    MM solid steering shaft
    MM front control arms
    Wow
    Nice collection of goodies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Spoke to Joe - owner of black gt350 previous track day session(Spring) and took a ride along. I didn't know that if you bought a gt350 you got admission for this.( on my wish bucket list)
    - maybe its included in the price- so Laurence when you buy your gt350 I'd be more than willing to take the admission ticket off your hands if you are not going to use it

Utah

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,

Dam that would be a ton of fun.

Brake pads.

While my first set of CarboTech pads worked out well, second set failed (fronts, friction surface failed + rears cracked n split) in short order. This year I've made the switch to G Loc all round on fresh rotors. Inspection after our last track day, pads are standing up very well and appear to be substantially easier on the rotors. Yes expense up front gets your attention (7-800 for front and rear pads + rotors) but their smooth n easy to modulate performance and how well they are standing up = money well spent. Yes they also make pads that are suited for street use only or something closer to a dual purpose as well.
    On the street I use EBC greens up front and OEM Ford on the rear riding on drilled n slotted rotors for the bling factor. After initial wear in, the fronts have little to no dusting, dead nuts quiet, exceptional initial bite (especially cold) and for how hard any of us can drive on the street, good braking at speed with a predictable amount of fade under conditions you'd expect it. Brake fluid, I used several of the "go to" brake fluids with poorish results. Initial feel after flush n bleed, really good pedal but all fell off the map quickly when pushed to the point of extreme on track days. Get the fluid toasty, pedal gets soggy n quickly goes down hill from there, allow to cool, substantial improvement but well short of when fresh. Switch to Super Blue (sorry, no longer available because of color), after flush n bleed, pedal firmer vs any of the other fluids. Track day, even at the point of boiling n streaming out the master cylinder, reduced pedal feel but still providing decent brake action. Allow to cool for a full session, right back to where it was n feeling mint. I've heard the amber replacement is the same formula but with a different coloration but no actual experience so can't say for sure.

Your killing me Ron lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    Spoke to Joe - owner of black gt350 previous track day session(Spring) and took a ride along. I didn't know that if you bought a gt350 you got admission for this.( on my wish bucket list)
    - maybe its included in the price- so Laurence when you buy your gt350 I'd be more than willing to take the admission ticket off your hands if you are not going to use it

Utah

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Torsen t2r
    MM coilovers
    MM solid steering shaft
    MM front control arms
    Awesome list right there!!!
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Just some road course reading/ resource / video tutorials

**if you scroll down to bottom of page there are tutorials on various subject matter**

https://driver61.com/uni/racing-line/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk