Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  87

Thread: Fox body rant - posting something similar on my site

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I’ve owned my 88GT for 27yrs and have made so many memories in it over the years.
    I have customized it my way and still enjoy it for what it is every time I drive it.
    It’s like the never ending project car and I’m still okay with that and if I wasn’t it would be gone.

The way I see it is drive what you can afford and what makes you happy.

I can also tell you that as many thumbs up or compliments I get in my Fox it’s no where close to the attention my dad gets in his 69 Roadrunner each time he drives it....but that’s not why he’s kept it since new all these years....he kept it to pass on to me to also enjoy. He’s been offered great money for his car but turned it down saying it’s not about the money. I guess we both have an attachment to cars and enjoy the thought of passing them down.
    My son already feels the same way about the Cobra I purchased for him when he was born.
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 09-18-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WidowrRacing View Post
    I’ve owned my 88GT for 27yrs and have made so many memories in it over the years.
    I have customized it my way and still enjoy it for what it is every time I drive it.
    It’s like the never ending project car and I’m still okay with that and if I wasn’t it would be gone.

I can also tell you that as many thumbs up or compliments I get in my Fox it’s no where close to the attention my dad gets in his 69 Roadrunner each time he drives it....but that’s not why he’s kept it since new all these years....he kept it to pass on to me to also enjoy. He’s been offered great money for his car but turned it down saying it’s not about the money. I guess we both have an attachment to cars and enjoy the thought of passing them down.
    My son already feels the same way about the Cobra I purchased for him when he was born.
    Nice - my new fox in 1990 was my first new car - I said for years I was going to keep it and pass it down. I later sold it and always regret that I did...

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by WidowrRacing View Post

This! Drive what makes you happy is key. I hated my 2011 5.0 (auto), just did not enjoy the car. I remember saying it felt too much like a daily driver or something. I replaced it with my notch project. Today I want a daily driver Mustang... my life changed.

But I have to say, my 2017 gets far more attention (much to my chagrin) than my notch ever does. Teens to older ladies give it the thumbs up. I'm pretty confident I can pick up ladies in this car much more than any foxbody ever could lol... Not that I would but this stupid car gets much more attention than I'd like to be honest.