Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  87
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fox body rant - posting something similar on my site

Quote Originally Posted by WidowrRacing View Post
    I’ve owned my 88GT for 27yrs and have made so many memories in it over the years.
    I have customized it my way and still enjoy it for what it is every time I drive it.
    It’s like the never ending project car and I’m still okay with that and if I wasn’t it would be gone.

The way I see it is drive what you can afford and what makes you happy.

I can also tell you that as many thumbs up or compliments I get in my Fox it’s no where close to the attention my dad gets in his 69 Roadrunner each time he drives it....but that’s not why he’s kept it since new all these years....he kept it to pass on to me to also enjoy. He’s been offered great money for his car but turned it down saying it’s not about the money. I guess we both have an attachment to cars and enjoy the thought of passing them down.
    My son already feels the same way about the Cobra I purchased for him when he was born.
    Nice - my new fox in 1990 was my first new car - I said for years I was going to keep it and pass it down. I later sold it and always regret that I did...

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    yes Horse would be cool - the way technology is now I would say 50-60 percent of the people maybe more could work from home - tech like youtube is a great teaching platform that could also eliminate the need for a large chunk of the transportation and the need for buildings that only get about 6-8 hours of use for about 9 months of the year. Robotics posses a threat to many manufacturing and health care jobs which may open doors for more people to work from home - if business and governments really want to make a difference there are more affordable and maybe affective ways that would relieve a lot pf pressure on growing infrastructure and rapping and threatening the earth mining minerals, sand, gravel, and extracting oil and natural gas at such huge volumes. It seems simple but in my experience most people especially the Napolean types are bent oppression, doing things the hard expensive, and often wasteful way.
    The resistance I get for a telecommute strategy is uncanny. If an employee is to slack off, they will slack at the office as well - I guarantee it. I say if you don't trust your staff to work - fire them... It's F-ing easy! Honestly, there are a lot of poor quality managers that feel they need to micro-manage. I trust my team to work, I can check their productivity with the burndown rate in my agile projects and commits to the codebase (on my phone via a tool called slack of all names which is integrated into the code repo) but I typically don't use those metrics for their productivity - I just make sure our sprints are going smoothly. I won't keep an employee for long if I don't trust them to work. I also don't believe in 9 to 5, I like the ROWE type environments as well but that's a little too forward thinking and risky (ROWE = Results Only Work Environment).

In a nutshell my remote work strategy is pretty simple and can be used even in teams that require a site-presence to work. In that case a schedule is required, using a rotation, to ensure there's always an attendance. My rule is there must be at least 1 in 3 butt in seat for teams with little to no interaction with the rest of the business and 2 in 3 butts in seats for higher interactions.

I think, overall, there needs to be a balance. I don't believe in 5-day-a-week telecommuting. My ultimate goal is 3 days a week telecommute but my roadmap starts with 1 or 2 days a week for telecommuting. Some roles require "bluesky" type meetings and you just can't do that with skype, it's not the same. My team has to be in the office together at least one day a week for such meetings. Our scrums are done via chat rooms and sometimes skype calls lol. Sadly in higher management positions such as myself, I can't telecommute too much. I reserved a day a week to work from home (except now since I don't have an office with all the renos going on at work). My secretary booked a "meeting" day for me so I can just not be bothered and focus on strategies - making business plans and business cases requires me to lock up in a room, lots of blow, hookers and coffee and just work 20+ hours straight lol <- joke, I don't drink coffee past 2pm.

Creating a modern work environment is stupid hard these days. Lots of managers are stuck in the past or just bad managers who do not know how to manage people or processes. It's all moot anyway, in 10 years or so (maybe less) AI will replace a lot of jobs in offices. I bet you I could reduce staff significantly even with today's AI at work. I started to hint around that, let me higher a few more devs and architects and I can reduce staff in my department by half and have better tools for better BI and whatnot...

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by WidowrRacing View Post
    I’ve owned my 88GT for 27yrs and have made so many memories in it over the years.
    I have customized it my way and still enjoy it for what it is every time I drive it.
    It’s like the never ending project car and I’m still okay with that and if I wasn’t it would be gone.

The way I see it is drive what you can afford and what makes you happy.

I can also tell you that as many thumbs up or compliments I get in my Fox it’s no where close to the attention my dad gets in his 69 Roadrunner each time he drives it....but that’s not why he’s kept it since new all these years....he kept it to pass on to me to also enjoy. He’s been offered great money for his car but turned it down saying it’s not about the money. I guess we both have an attachment to cars and enjoy the thought of passing them down.
    My son already feels the same way about the Cobra I purchased for him when he was born.
    This! Drive what makes you happy is key. I hated my 2011 5.0 (auto), just did not enjoy the car. I remember saying it felt too much like a daily driver or something. I replaced it with my notch project. Today I want a daily driver Mustang... my life changed.

But I have to say, my 2017 gets far more attention (much to my chagrin) than my notch ever does. Teens to older ladies give it the thumbs up. I'm pretty confident I can pick up ladies in this car much more than any foxbody ever could lol... Not that I would but this stupid car gets much more attention than I'd like to be honest.

If it wasn’t for the Mustang specifically the foxbody Mustangs, I wouldn’t have been on these forum sites. I agree that there was a time when the fox was the shit and if you had one stock you were the odd man out. Would I buy one today? Maybe. Would I buy a new S550? Maybe. I do have an appreciation for the new S550’s for what it is but I have admit that I do like my luxury and performance. Let’s see what Ford has to offer for the next gen Mustang.

Steve, that's funny when I had the blown Fox girls would say my car was broken and didn't know what it was only balls knew what the car was but with my s197 done the way I like it I also get lots of thumbs up and for the first time I get thumbs up from the bikers, I always catch them checking out my car.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

stangstevers
    My wife is a prime example of this. She hates foxbodies, she thinks they're ugly as sin and reminds her of growing up in communism. She likes the new edge Mustangs and loves the S550's.

I don't think foxes are ugly, I think from an 80's perspective they look great. And it's hard to stray from the fact that they're econoboxes with RWD and V8's... Lots of cool factor. Best looking fox of all (to me) is the 82GT.

I pulled into a gas station near Woodbridge once with my ratty looking pace car fox - there was two Corvettes and a Ferrari lounging in the corner. while I was filling up everybody came by to check out my fox and the three supercars where ignored for the most part...lol

My wife is exactly the same Steve. She does not like the Fox, SN95 or new edge. S197 and up she says yes to. But the interior is still making me say no.
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    My wife is a prime example of this. She hates foxbodies, she thinks they're ugly as sin and reminds her of growing up in communism. She likes the new edge Mustangs and loves the S550's.

I don't think foxes are ugly, I think from an 80's perspective they look great. And it's hard to stray from the fact that they're econoboxes with RWD and V8's... Lots of cool factor. Best looking fox of all (to me) is the 82GT.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    I pulled into a gas station near Woodbridge once with my ratty looking pace car fox - there was two Corvettes and a Ferrari lounging in the corner. while I was filling up everybody came by to check out my fox and the three supercars where ignored for the most part...lol
    This is sorta what happens with my car.....I get thumbs up, people coming over to me all the time. Put my car in a group of 05+ stangs and mine is the one people look at. Not gonna lie, I like it, partially because its almost a bit of recognition of the hard work, time and money I have put into it over the years.
    With my toy, I do not want it feeling like a daily, cause it isn't, I want it to be a bit of a rough ride, loud and stand out in a crowd.

My wife doesn't like my coupe, my dad said "why did you buy that POS". One of my co-workers in his 60's told me, "that's not a real Mustang". These foxes are really only appealing to those who grew up around these iconic cars in their high school years. I made a promise to myself, one day I'll buy my high school dream car and thankfully I was able to fulfill that promise.
    Sure it's raw, it rides and handles like shit. But that classic sound of a 5.0 piped through a flowmaster system, it's chiseled into our brains. These cars bring back so many great memories, it puts a big smile on my face every time I go for a cruise.