Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  87
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fox body rant - posting something similar on my site

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    Maybe you’re right but who knows we may or may not be around . Lots of factors involved ie fuel, legislation, parts , the lists go on .
    However I think someway it may continue, evolve?( maybe) in ways we might not have thought or imagined. I only think this way because I see it around with some young gens. My son is 14 ( 30 yrs) will put him at 44- he is a strong opponent lol on not trading for the s550, he prefers older lol.
    He prefers older body style gens mustang except mustang 2 lol
    His dream car would be a charger from the 60 or 70’s ( boo)
    This is just one kid, but what about world wide.? I think as enthusiasts we just continue what we do and hopefully some of that trickles down to the new gens. Ahh maybe part of me still lives in Disney land lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My son is 19 and would buy a fox in a heart beat - I have young guys like that tell me all the time their dream cars are fox bodies. His project car is an '82 rx7 and its basically a fox in sheep's clothing - his daily is a '93 volvo (for some reason he loves it) but I know if he gets the opportunity he will buy a fox

Quote Originally Posted by Minaccia View Post
    Now every time I take out my s197 beast with all the comforts and power to me it still feels like a muscle car and it sounds like one too and I get more likes with this car than I ever did with my Fox because like mentioned they don't look like boxes from Russia and the s197 especially are a throw back to the 67 Mustang which more people recognize.
    That’s funny Lou! But I’m willing to bet my 88 GT Russian box would generate more attention at any car event vs your generic “just another” Mustang with the copycat 5.0 badge that was made famous by the immortal Fox Body.
    Last edited by WidowrRacing; 09-19-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Generic, oh that's harsh but I can take it I'm used to the hate I get from the Fox guys cuz they feel the 5.0L badge is theirs, lol.

I felt the same way when the new 5.0L came out I thought Ford had be trade us and I was pissed but then I realized they actually built a car that can take what I like to do with them without having to go crazy on mods. Tony, one day you'll see what all the fuss is about and don't hate on us Coyote guys we are the future and we'll be here for you when you come to your senses, the same crap went down when Ford introduced the FI 5.0L and the carb guys were all up in arms and said they would never buy a FI Mustang, lmfao.

See you at the next track event and hope I don't have to tow your Fox home with my generic Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by WidowrRacing View Post
    That’s funny Lou! But I’m willing to bet my 88 GT Russian shoe box would generate more attention at any car event vs your generic “just another” Mustang with the copycat 5.0 badge that was made famous by the immortal Fox Body.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

found a lip stick in my Russian car today, maybe it belonged to one of those mail order chicks online - I'm just glad I found it first..lol

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Although maybe this is what Lou meant when he said Russian car

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,

Had one of those in eighties between mopars when I was Toronto' fastest pizza delivery man (self proclaimed) - could get rubber in second lol

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    Had one of those in eighties between mopars when I was Toronto' fastest pizza delivery man (self proclaimed) - could get rubber in second lol
    U should have hung onto it- collectors item
    Barrett Jackson

lol

LOL, the only reason I mentioned Russian car is somebody else said it.

I really hope that some of the Fox guys in here can see the in my posts and if not well too bad and get over it already.

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    Although maybe this is what Lou meant when he said Russian car

Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store