Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hood Pin recomendations

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    This is what I went with

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Nice- ya maybe keep them as is
    So when we cutting? I’ll make sure to bring my reading glasses and hack saw- my hands only shake in the morning, by afternoon they are fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Nice, would hot have the heart to cut my hood though but understand why you are.

Are you sure hood pins are recommended for that hood looking at some of those pix on their site I don't see any of the cars using the hood pins and it would be a shame to cut up that hood if you don't need too.
    Barone Performance
    Canada's Online Aftermarket Parts Store

Im not positive
    I had read on many retailers sites they recommended hood pins for all aftermarket fiberglass hoods.
    For this one I don't know how much I trust the factory latch. The underside of the hood you can see above the fiberglass they have glued in a small piece of 2mm plywood and I think nuts glued to it. Based off how much the stock hood would lift at speed or in the wind I worried that it would crack. Although this shouldn't build up pressure as bad as the stock with the vents in the back.
    I'll take some pictures tonight

Call Trufiber and ask them they should be able to tell you, when I bought my Cervinis they said hood pins are not needed and would only be there for cosmetic reasons

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    Im not positive
    I had read on many retailers sites they recommended hood pins for all aftermarket fiberglass hoods.
    For this one I don't know how much I trust the factory latch. The underside of the hood you can see above the fiberglass they have glued in a small piece of 2mm plywood and I think nuts glued to it. Based off how much the stock hood would lift at speed or in the wind I worried that it would crack. Although this shouldn't build up pressure as bad as the stock with the vents in the back.
    I'll take some pictures tonight

Barone Performance

Curious Lou did Cervini do same thing with a block of wood secured to hood ?

It's a Cervinis they don't use wood to make their hoods just Fiberglass and some metal fittings where the hardware screws in, I'm not too sure what kind of hood your cousin bought that has a piece of wood in it as part of the construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    Curious Lou did Cervini do same thing with a block of wood secured to hood ?
    Barone Performance

Trufiber -it may not be wood

Lol @
    Lou ur cousin

took the car out last week for a quick drive after ot driving it for weeks, hopped on the highway and did a 4th gear pull without thinking... hood doesnt need pins, I didnt see any flutter at end of the first straight at tmp speeds