Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Media Blasting - Who have you used?

Media Blasting - Who have you used?

Looking for someone in Durham Region (preferably) that can strip the paint off a Mustang shell. Surely someone here has been down this road with a build. Pros/Cons: Soda, dry ice or whatever

I've seen mobile water guys around...not sure about the Durham area - paint stripper works good too if you just need to remove paint and there's not much rust and is easier to control mess - if you blast to the metal or strip paint to the metal you will need to be sure to get it primed right away... some blasting places will prime after

If there's no rust I would use stripper,
    I had only the insides of my rust free trunk and hood blasted by Soda Pro in Mississauga, because I thought it would be easier.
    Guy went on and on about his experience etc because I was worried about warpage. Go to pick them up, both warped and unusable. Guy says he didn't do it. WTF?
    Anyway I stripped my whole car including jams with Aircraft stripper and a heat gun.
    Way less mess to clean up
    If I remember correctly, water blasting was about $1000 for the car if I prepped it.

Quote Originally Posted by USAWIT2 View Post
    If there's no rust I would use stripper,
    I had only the insides of my rust free trunk and hood blasted by Soda Pro in Mississauga, because I thought it would be easier.
    Guy went on and on about his experience etc because I was worried about warpage. Go to pick them up, both warped and unusable. Guy says he didn't do it. WTF?
    Anyway I stripped my whole car including jams with Aircraft stripper and a heat gun.
    Way less mess to clean up
    If I remember correctly, water blasting was about $1000 for the car if I prepped it.
    your determined

Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    your determined
    Thanks, but I'm beginning to think I'm bordering on stupidity

I did same thing to a set of wheels never mind a whole car , in the end I said fak it orange peel is ok