Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  85
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Drive Clean............is it ending today?

Cool Drive Clean............is it ending today?

Fawk I hope so but I do have a twist. Like to see on road enforcement stepped up that would better target diesels rolling coal and vehicles that are obviously gross polluters.

The Ontario government is set to make a “major announcement” on the future of the Drive Clean vehicle emissions testing program.
    “Are you sick and tired of waiting in line for the emissions test your car doesn’t even need?” Premier Doug Ford said in a video posted on a Progressive Conservative Party Twitter account on Thursday evening.
    “Stay tuned for a major announcement regarding Drive Clean. Help is on its way.”
    READ MORE: Ontario to launch pilot project to have Drive Clean emissions test done remotely
    Ford, along with Environment, Conservation and Parks Minister Rod Phillips and Transportation Minister John Yakabuski, are set to make the announcement during a news conference Friday morning at an auto repair shop in Toronto’s west end.
    The Drive Clean program tests emissions every two years on cars and light-duty trucks over seven years old, but critics have called for the program to be scrapped entirely.
    READ MORE: Newer cars almost never fail Drive Clean. Why keep testing them?
    During the 2016 provincial budget, the Ontario Liberal government announced it would scrap the $30 program fee. Last year the Liberals proposed a pilot project that would allow testing remotely through onboard diagnostics. At the time, the government said the program resulted in cleaner air as it contributed to reducing emissions.
    Drive Clean previously came under fire for amassing multi-million-dollar surpluses, even though it was supposed to be a revenue neutral program.

Man I hope so, but the cost of drive clean has already been added to our sticker so I guess this will just be another “service” we pay for and get nothing. Hope Doug makes this right.
    FABMAN

Cringe every time I have to let someone else put their paws on my car, maybe a small price to pay??

stangstevers
    Remove that BS that does nothing today... Make gas powered lawn mowers illegal, change the work week to 4 days instead of 5 (plus force flex hours) and incentivize businesses to encourage telecommuting for roles that can do it.

Boom a shit ton less pollution and less cars on the highways during rush hour.

At the same time, make a bigger hammer for those who opt to pollute. Should be immediate impoundment and $10,000 fine for removing any SMOG equipment on cars, rolling coal, etc... Can't pay the 10 grand, crush the car! For this hobby to survive, there needs to be some smarter thinking around pollution. There's nothing like following a classic car that spews black smoke and even makes you smell like shit for being 4 cars behind. As more and more people waken to the effects of pollution the more this hobby will be seen as "knuckle dragging idiots" with old cars. We need to stop this from happening and it starts at home. That's why I am adamant about my 87 fox having all the SMOG working. I know I'm against the grain but it irks me to see kids removing cats and airpumps and EGR because "duuuuhhhh it gives 20 HP" or worse, carburator conversions while not knowing how to tune it so they dump a 650CFM with mechanical secondaries right out of the box onto their 100% stock bottom end 5.0L LMAO... Lower power, worse fuel economy but "duhhhhhhh EFI sucks 'cause it haz too many wirez"...

They upped the licence sticker by $30 a year last year...They just moved the cow(the cash one!!).Now paying double what drive clean was....at least no hassle of going and getting it done.

Let's hope things come through positive.

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Remove that BS that does nothing today... Make gas powered lawn mowers illegal, change the work week to 4 days instead of 5 (plus force flex hours) and incentivize businesses to encourage telecommuting for roles that can do it.

Boom a shit ton less pollution and less cars on the highways during rush hour.

At the same time, make a bigger hammer for those who opt to pollute. Should be immediate impoundment and $10,000 fine for removing any SMOG equipment on cars, rolling coal, etc... Can't pay the 10 grand, crush the car! For this hobby to survive, there needs to be some smarter thinking around pollution. There's nothing like following a classic car that spews black smoke and even makes you smell like shit for being 4 cars behind. As more and more people waken to the effects of pollution the more this hobby will be seen as "knuckle dragging idiots" with old cars. We need to stop this from happening and it starts at home. That's why I am adamant about my 87 fox having all the SMOG working. I know I'm against the grain but it irks me to see kids removing cats and airpumps and EGR because "duuuuhhhh it gives 20 HP" or worse, carburator conversions while not knowing how to tune it so they dump a 650CFM with mechanical secondaries right out of the box onto their 100% stock bottom end 5.0L LMAO... Lower power, worse fuel economy but "duhhhhhhh EFI sucks 'cause it haz too many wirez"...
    had no luck finding a replacement for the seized air pump on my '79...sometimes not easy to find parts - also have a gen3 iroc the cooling sensor I need discontinued will be difficult to keep cars original hence if your collecting on speculation - even after market is discontinuing some parts for the early fox's say 79-84 no interest left and moving on to newer models

^ Rebuilder can give your old pump new life.

drive clean really doesn't make sense anymore - most cars now run very poorly when throwing codes, the computers in cars now will put bad vehicles out of service...

^ They've know exactly that for some years now but have continued regardless. Look, served it's purpose but ship has long since sailed.