Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  40
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winter tires for your truck.

Cool Winter tires for your truck.

Have tried several others but rate these as my top 3.

#1 Hercules Avalanche Extreme.
    Priced very right, perform extremely well under all conditions and wear like iron (on current RAM use as snow only but have previously run all yr).

#2 Cooper Discoverer M&S
    Also priced well and perform equally as well. Only lost to the Hercs in deep snow but outdid them in ride quality. Also wear very well driven all yr round.

#3 Bridgestone Dueler A/T RH S
    Pricey tire but if you do like me and find new take offs (OE Jeep equipment) they are super affordable and are a close third to the above. Had one set for summer / second set for winter only. Initial approx 10% or so wore somewhat quickly but slowed to what you'd expect from there on forward. Just like the above, only fell short of the Herc's in deep snow but ride quality was on par with the Coopers.

From my experience, any of the above would serve you well. Been disappointed time and time again with several of the boutique / supposedly go to / best in business tires.

I got the Cooper Discoverer AT/W on the truck. Worked great last winter and I use them year round. However, I don't put too many kms in a year...maybe 6000.

Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

How’s the noise level on the Hercules tires? Look pretty good for the price.. think I’ll try them out.
    '88 LX

I run General Grabber AT2s and they do well even in Sault Ste. Marie conditions. I have run Hercules Avalanche Extremes in the past and they were awesome. They were just on back order at the time I needed them.

7F207BD0-7824-4C16-9596-5E2830AC922B.jpeg
    "If your wife is having a good time and you're not,
    You're still having a better time than if you were having a good time, and she wasn't."

03svt
    Had similar experience with Coopers, great traction but a touch louder than Blizzaks, but found the coopers better for deep snow though.

Just bought new blizzaks for our EX sport but will get new Coopers for the F150 as I’m not concerned about the noise in the truck.

Another Hercules Avalanche Extreme happy customer...have had them for four yrs(winter only) and put maybe ~5k/season. Like Rick said they wear very well.

Running the Hankook I-pikes here. Very satisfied with this tire.

-Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Running the Hankook I-pikes here. Very satisfied with this tire.

Me too. No complaints so far. Huge improvement over the all seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

Cooper discover on my Ram for winter too...
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

I put a second set of Duellers on the Aviator, tread never wore out.....started cracking from age. Excellent tires.

I also have nothing but good to say about Hankook as well on new stock Fords.

I have found snows only last the first couple maybe 3 years and after that they are hockey pucks even if they are still good.

I also found that if the weather is that bad, the better half ain't driving in it anyway, so no need for AWD. FWD is fine. Why waste money on things that break later and never really get used.