Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  12

Thread: What took so long?

Angry What took so long?

A 35-year-old woman has been charged with impaired driving causing death in connection with the death of her three-year-old son, who was swept away by a fast moving current when the vehicle they were travelling in slipped into the Grand River near Orangeville earlier this year.
    In the early morning hours of Feb. 21, 35-year-old Michelle Hanson and her son Kaden Young were driving southbound on 10th Line in Amaranth Township when police say Hanson failed to stop at a road closure sign.
    Their minivan went into the river and investigators previously said that the boy slipped from his mother’s arms as they tried to escape from the vehicle.

RELATED STORIES

PHOTOS

Kaden Young, 3.

The child was swept away by the quick current and after months of searching, the his body was found by a fisherman in the river on April 21.
    At the time, police said heavy rain and fog made for poor driving conditions on the night of the incident.
    On Thursday, police confirmed that the child’s mother has now been charged in connection with the crash.
    In addition to the impaired driving charge, 35-year-old Hanson has been charged with dangerous driving causing death and criminal negligence causing death.
    She is scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 6.

03svt
    What a piece of shit, R.I.P. Kaden.. sorry you had shit a parent

A genuine piece of work.

While details about the alleged incident are scarce, the Banner has confirmed Dufferin OPP charged her with assaulting Cam Young on April 24. According to court documents, the charge relates to an alleged incident on April 12.
    Hanson’s last court appearance on the assault charge took place in an Orangeville courtroom on Sept. 25.

Sounds like she should lay off the sauce.
    -Don____________

Gut wrenching this turn of events.

Not surprised at this. I’m sure the OPP crossed every t and dotted every i before laying the charges.

WTF
    that's pretty messed up

Sad on so many levels and of course completely avoidable had she been more responsible. No punishment though will erase the memory of the incident or bring back that little boy. She'll live with it for the rest of her life and be reminded daily I'm sure.

Makes me throw up reading this ....