Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  135
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ontario Cannabis Store

Does it matter if it was legal weed or not?
    -Don____________

Just can’t believe people are dumb enough to do that. Though the do still drink and drive.

My only point has always been that it’s not harmless like some of the propot people were trying to push.

Concern is that people would beleave the propaganda and assume they are perfectly safe.

We all are grown up and make our own decisions and asses the risk factor that we all are willing to take for any given gain. I just think it’s important to make sure people have the proper info and not fabricated info to suit a particular idea.

Don’t want to see weed be like cigarettes were in the 50s(?) when they were pushing as safe, with health benefits. Ect ect.

Lots of money to potentially be made and not the first time that that has caused some issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Does it matter if it was legal weed or not?

Is driving drunk on bootleg booze any worse?
    These types of stories will dominate the news cycle for the next while with all the old ladies telling you: "I TOLD YOU SO!"
    No, doesn't matter if it's legal or not, but in the context of this thread, and your comment about someone being the first, I thought you were referring to someone getting into an accident smoking legal weed.
    Agreed, media is going to be plastering the news with any weed related incident for a long while.
    ~Scott B

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmare View Post
    ....Agreed, media is going to be plastering the news with any weed related incident for a long while.
    the news plastering was more my point.

It's going to take a long time for it to normalize. We have entire generations that have been told "drugs are bad". Now weed is legal.
    How long did it take for alcohol to become accepted? I still have relatives that think it is devil water. I'm not kidding. At family reunion picnics we have to hide the booze, or wait until Aunt Phyllis has left.
    -Don____________

I feel like people bashing the legalization of weed have most likely never smoked it. If your ok with alcohol being legal then there is no reason whatsoever that weed shouldn't be. Can you imagine if downtown Toronto replaced booze with weed for a Saturday night? And to think that kid's will be more interested in it now that it's legal is a terrible argument. Most kids in my high school smoked weed and shoulder tapped bums when we needed beer. Get over it.
    '88 LX

~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Old t shirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Just can’t believe people are dumb enough to do that. Though the do still drink and drive.

My only point has always been that it’s not harmless like some of the propot people were trying to push.

Concern is that people would beleave the propaganda and assume they are perfectly safe.

We all are grown up and make our own decisions and asses the risk factor that we all are willing to take for any given gain. I just think it’s important to make sure people have the proper info and not fabricated info to suit a particular idea.

Don’t want to see weed be like cigarettes were in the 50s(?) when they were pushing as safe, with health benefits. Ect ect.

Lots of money to potentially be made and not the first time that that has caused some issue.
    How about something as simple as this: You're lungs weren't designed to take in smoke.....of ANY kind. Do so at your own risk. Maybe other forms of pot will be less risky (health wise), but as your other post indicated....there is already research suggesting a linkage to higher stroke incidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    ...pistol whipped and "relieved" of his package...
    Quoting out of context for humour and posterity.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    I read a twitter post that a Toronto postal worker was pistol whipped and "relieved" of his package of pot being delivered, along with his jacket and ID. This was on twitter and unverified.

I can understand the media not reporting this as it doesn't fit the narrative, could also be total BS, but it does sound plausible.
    Hmmmm. So I guess the pot delivery packages are easily identified? Sounds fishy for sure.