Did anyone see the people toking in celebration of legalization and the coverage tonight by CTV? Wow....talk about your stereo typical Cheech Chongs. Yah, let's all go out and get stoned, because that's a great thing.

Sorry, but other then medical use (which I learned in many cases doesn't have the THC component that gets you stoned), I don't see how this is going to make us better as a country, or improve people's lives. In fact, I see a lot more negative than positive coming out to this. Read a little bit about Colorado's experience, and the one thing that has shown up is increased car accidents. Great, so now do I not only have to worry about distracted driving and drunk drivers, but add stoned people as well. Expect higher car and house insurance rates. It's also NOT stopped the illegal trade, in fact they say it's thrived even more.

While it pads the governments pockets with tax revenues, the costs of doing so may be higher, including increased policing costs (investment in new technology to detect driving while intoxicated, more enforcement resources, etc.), stoned people doing stupid things, increased cancer rates/health problems, and a general lack of motivation/malaise that comes from habitually using drugs. And.....how many more kids are going to start on it because of the increased access to people over 19?

Someone tell me where's the benefits of legalizing it? Why are more and more people it seems looking to escape reality and turning to drugs to get high? Another brain wave from our drama teacher prime minister.