Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  135
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ontario Cannabis Store

WTF
    I'd have been fine with them simply de-criminalizing possession

I don't smoke it.....so I could care less either way

but watching politicians and police who've literally spent entire careers roasting drug dealers....who now become the biggest dealers in the country and are cheerleading this shit....it's fucking disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Pot is less addicting than cigs or possibly even sugar.

It’s not really more dangerous than coffee.
    Unless you smoke it then you get the same type of carcinogenic off gassing as tobacco.
    Which is fine. I smoke cigars I know it can have adverse health consequences but that’s a choise I make

My biggest issue with the move to legalize pot is the out right lies and misinformation spread about it.
    Less dangerous sure but not compleatly harmless as some try to push.

WTF
    and.....CTV just showed the OPP with a RIDE check happening right now

be careful what you wish for folks

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Pot is less addicting than cigs or possibly even sugar.

It’s not really more dangerous than coffee.
    Kind of hypocritical for them to have had a ban on pot but leave alcohol legal. If you ban one then the other should be banned.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    and.....CTV just showed the OPP with a RIDE check happening right now

be careful what you wish for folks
    Still a bit early- ? ,stuff hasn’t been delivered from online store( Ontario anyway)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    Still a bit early- ? ,stuff hasn’t been delivered from online store( Ontario anyway)
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    it's legal now

so is whatever impairment level that deems you DUI according to whatever force in whatever area of the country

if the coppers think they can throw a DUI on your lap for smoking a legal spliff and driving....you can bet your last dollar they will

Did anyone see the people toking in celebration of legalization and the coverage tonight by CTV? Wow....talk about your stereo typical Cheech Chongs. Yah, let's all go out and get stoned, because that's a great thing.

Sorry, but other then medical use (which I learned in many cases doesn't have the THC component that gets you stoned), I don't see how this is going to make us better as a country, or improve people's lives. In fact, I see a lot more negative than positive coming out to this. Read a little bit about Colorado's experience, and the one thing that has shown up is increased car accidents. Great, so now do I not only have to worry about distracted driving and drunk drivers, but add stoned people as well. Expect higher car and house insurance rates. It's also NOT stopped the illegal trade, in fact they say it's thrived even more.

While it pads the governments pockets with tax revenues, the costs of doing so may be higher, including increased policing costs (investment in new technology to detect driving while intoxicated, more enforcement resources, etc.), stoned people doing stupid things, increased cancer rates/health problems, and a general lack of motivation/malaise that comes from habitually using drugs. And.....how many more kids are going to start on it because of the increased access to people over 19?

Someone tell me where's the benefits of legalizing it? Why are more and more people it seems looking to escape reality and turning to drugs to get high? Another brain wave from our drama teacher prime minister.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    it's legal now

so is whatever impairment level that deems you DUI according to whatever force in whatever area of the country

if the coppers think they can throw a DUI on your lap for smoking a legal spliff and driving....you can bet your last dollar they will
    Yep apparently only took an hour

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...cket-1.4867328

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    Did anyone see the people toking in celebration of legalization and the coverage tonight by CTV? Wow....talk about your stereo typical Cheech Chongs. Yah, let's all go out and get stoned, because that's a great thing.

Sorry, but other then medical use (which I learned in many cases doesn't have the THC component that gets you stoned), I don't see how this is going to make us better as a country, or improve people's lives. In fact, I see a lot more negative than positive coming out to this. Read a little bit about Colorado's experience, and the one thing that has shown up is increased car accidents. Great, so now do I not only have to worry about distracted driving and drunk drivers, but add stoned people as well. Expect higher car and house insurance rates. It's also NOT stopped the illegal trade, in fact they say it's thrived even more.

While it pads the governments pockets with tax revenues, the costs of doing so may be higher, including increased policing costs (investment in new technology to detect driving while intoxicated, more enforcement resources, etc.), stoned people doing stupid things, increased cancer rates/health problems, and a general lack of motivation/malaise that comes from habitually using drugs. And.....how many more kids are going to start on it because of the increased access to people over 19?

Someone tell me where's the benefits of legalizing it? Why are more and more people it seems looking to escape reality and turning to drugs to get high? Another brain wave from our drama teacher prime minister.
    Stop using common sense and science. They don’t work.
    Why is it legal? Votes. Period. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Stop using common sense and science. They don’t work.
    Why is it legal? Votes. Period. Nothing more. Nothing less.
    Don't forget about the $$. I heard on the radio they were already at 100 transactions per minute across the country, with HST on every one of them.