Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  135
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ontario Cannabis Store

From what I’ve read about other places that have done it. Lots of money at the start then once the novelty wears off money barely covers the costs. And that’s where they let private companies run it.

What’s these Lcbo for pot stores gonna cost to operate if they run them like the lcbo with part timers maki g full time wage tomes of government “oversite” costs

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    From what I’ve read about other places that have done it. Lots of money at the start then once the novelty wears off money barely covers the costs. And that’s where they let private companies run it.

What’s these Lcbo for pot stores gonna cost to operate if they run them like the lcbo with part timers maki g full time wage tomes of government “oversite” costs
    I thought Dougie was letting some private enterprisers open, along with LCBO?
    I think this is going to be like Bit Coin, with all the stock evaluations being super inflated , then the market drops once the novelty wears off. Organised crime isn't going to take this sitting down, losing market share to the government, watch for street price to drop to keep the faithful.
    Anyways doesn't affect me currently, beer is my outlet. Now edibles might be interesting for my insomnia.

Haven’t been following it that close. Just bits and pieces here and there. Only thing I’ve seen covered was the fancy government stores.

Look to see private run business to make it work while the government run ones lose money.

First ticket smoking while driving, $672.00!!!! in Manitoba
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dpu7UVSU...jpg&name=smallMJ ticket.jpg

I don’t smoke it but it has got me curious, I may look at the menu lol

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post

For now, you can only get it at the online store. I believe Ford scrapped the LCBO selling it (good move....they are poorly run), so you'll likely see it being sold through privately run stores.

That’s a lot of products ..do they sell hash online

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    For now, you can only get it at the online store. I believe Ford scrapped the LCBO selling it (good move....they are poorly run), so you'll likely see it being sold through privately run stores.
    That's right - online sales only from government who is essentially also the province's wholesaler while private sector will do the F2F business. It is different province by province. We got all the major players up and running last night to handle online and F2F electronic/digital payments across Canada.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    Sorry, but other then medical use (which I learned in many cases doesn't have the THC component that gets you stoned), I don't see how this is going to make us better as a country, or improve people's lives. In fact, I see a lot more negative than positive coming out to this. Read a little bit about Colorado's experience, and the one thing that has shown up is increased car accidents. Great, so now do I not only have to worry about distracted driving and drunk drivers, but add stoned people as well. Expect higher car and house insurance rates. It's also NOT stopped the illegal trade, in fact they say it's thrived even more.
    The way it was implemented in Colorado is definitely not the way to do it. A little typical of the "wild west" approach so it's not surprising they had some trip-ups.

Wow the process for verifying legal age is fool proof. There is no way anyone under 19 will be able to figure out that they should put Sept 1999 or earlier as their birthday. What a joke this is.