Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  15
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: creaky notch....

Henley1
    also as winter rounds the corner. looking at tubular front ends. advice on direction?

Can't add anything to the control arm discussion beyond what I've already said.
    As for K members, to me, none come anywhere close to the quality and benefits of Maximum Motorsports.

Henley1
    yes was looking at them as I'm going mm caster camber plates. .

+1 on MM k-member, and with regards to the torque boxes, if you’re drag racing, especially with any power, and most especially with slicks, yes.

I would double check just to make sure the springs have isolators at the top if you think the noise in front and rear - looks like a solid setup some chassis reinforcement may be needed I cant really see binding being the issue but it is a more race handling then comfort product - maybe look into a panhard, bigger sway bars, or a watts link...

When you have upper / lower arms that don't move in the same arc and you take away the give (rubber bushing), something is going to fail. All too easy to mistake good handling (on smooth roads only) for a rear suspension bound up.

yes I agree one change leads to another the unknown is how many changes have been made beside what's been mentioned - personally I would eliminate the upper rear links as they would be difficult to relocate the angles on the original setup and keep it relatively stock looking - also sounds like some creaking in the front not sure those rear links would effect that can only make general comments without actually seeing the car when it comes to squeaks - that setup will cause a lot of forces on the chassis and maybe creating some body movement from side to side - creaking and squeaking are old muscle car sounds... lol mm has many options to stiffen up the chassis but yes the rubber bushing design is best I believe for comfort not too mention the age of the car will have some disadvantages...best of luck it's the fun we put ourselves thru...

The up-down motion isn't too bad, but look at the twisting that occurs when cornering. Now imagine that movement without any (almost no) flex in the joints.
    -Don____________