Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: creaky notch....

Rod end style still cause binding but if needed to correct pinion angle you don't have much choice.

BMR and a couple of others now offer an adjustable lower.

If I ever go coilover in the rear ill look at changing the set up perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    I have rod end ones in mine now, I needed adjustibility to correct pinion and I know not to use Poly on the uppers. Whats wrong with rod ends? They should cause 0 bind from what I understand.
    That was the reason for mine as well (too many lows dialed up on the suspension) but the binding is there whether you hear it or not. My (now) massively reinforced torque boxes are a testament to what bind can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Henley1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Suggest you remove uppers / replace with set from either Ford Racing or 99up GT. Bind is not your chassis best friend.
    so your saying the upr upper and lower is a bad combo? not being rude , just learning as I go . thx

Quote Originally Posted by Henley1 View Post
    so your saying the upr upper and lower is a bad combo? not being rude , just learning as I go . thx
    Yes because having such stiff arms all with poly bushings will cause binding and could tear and a control arm mount. Better to be safe than sorry and try to get some 99+ GT uppers. They have a stiffer rubber bushing than the 98 and older. But if budget is an issue, some 98 and older will work just fine for now.

It's only a bad combo because they utilize stiff urethane in all of the bushings.

The triangulated 4-link rear suspension inherently has bind in it. Ford alleviated this bind by allowing some flexibility in the soft rubber bushings.
    Some good reading here:
    https://www.maximummotorsports.com/R...Tech-C590.aspx
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by Henley1 View Post
    Yes, causes bind. Best to use stock uppers as previously mentioned, however, you can run a three-link or torque arm if you prefer, either eliminates bind.

Torque arm and panhard = game changer.

Henley1
    ok. I've been reserching more. all makes sense. all tho the guys at dasilva have been/are great. they make a solid argument as to why the upper/lower upr is the way to go. . it's a nice car, I don't to screw up a mount. better to reinforce while here too?