Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  11
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's been a couple weeks since the last one so was overdue - RIP. Pittsburgh shooting

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    THIS!
    This is what people want a crackdown on.
    The biggest problem I have found is people aren’t always forth right about what they want.
    I don’t reallly have an issue with out laws the way they are in Canada. Some say too intrusive but I can shoot for fun and if it saves some lives I’m fine with that. But when you talk with people. A lot of them start out talking regulation but as you dig deeper in. It more often the. It comes down to a ban of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    Seems to me most folks crying for generic "more gun regulations" aren't familiar with current regulations and are even less knowledgeable about guns. Being educated by tv and movie fiction makes for a pretty ignorant flock of sheep.
    Elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    funny I never say anyone blaming pipes when a crazy person mailed a bunch of pipe bombs, still don't see anyone blaming knives even though they kill more people every year in the US than long guns, no one in the drunk driving thread was blaming alcohol for those needless loss of life
    You reference "long guns" - what about all guns?

Also, how many of the knife related deaths are related to non-kitchen/household related knives?

Are there stats on knife deaths versus gun deaths in the US (both aggregate and specific use)?

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    One more item to this. This is rate per population. In terms of overall hard numbers:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...tables/table-1

So yes while murders rate per 100,000 inhabitants has dropped over the course of that time frame by 30-40% the overall reduction in murders was 1,000 instances. Looking at the FBI data the core areas of decreases classified as a violent crime were robbery and assault which fell by hundreds of thousands of instances. To me that is a more scary statistic, we've decided to stop assaulting and robbing others, but decided to keep it rolling on the whole murder thing.

Not even going to get in to the whole conflict of "all this immigration has made us more susceptible to crime" argument during the same period while touting "crime is down overall" since I'm sure the counter argument is the immigrants took it upon themselves to commit the remaining murders, taking the place of hard working american murderers just like they took all the jobs...
    Why are you bringing statistical methodology into this????

Club Supporter
    Mass shootings occur so frequently they don't even register that much any more. Didn't see anything here on the yoga studio mass shooting in FL last week. This murderer (doesn't look like someone from the "caravan") apparently liked his guns but did not like women. Two women lost their lives and several others were injured in the mass shooting.

merlin_146287227_261f893d-2867-47ad-ae25-91e18b9647d5-superJumbo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    You reference "long guns" - what about all guns?

Also, how many of the knife related deaths are related to non-kitchen/household related knives?

Are there stats on knife deaths versus gun deaths in the US (both aggregate and specific use)?

hand guns are more likely used by gangbangers and common theives and are not normaly the guns targeted by the fear mongers, but of corse of gangbangers and theives didnt have hand guns they would meraculasly become upstanding citizens

why does it matter the type of knife though if i remember correctly it is actualy kitchen knoves that share the largest percentage

how is that relivent?

and everyine ignores the states inwhich guns save lives. LOTS of lives. Drugs do harm nit also alot of good we dont prevent those who use drugs for good from getting them via legal means becasue of bad people

Mass shootings occur so frequently they don't even register that much any more. Didn't see anything here on the yoga studio mass shooting in FL last week. This murderer (doesn't look like someone from the "caravan") apparently liked his guns but did not like women. Two women lost their lives and several others were injured in the mass shooting.

merlin_146287227_261f893d-2867-47ad-ae25-91e18b9647d5-superJumbo.jpg
    . white people kill people therefore ignore brown people brakeing the law? thats a straw man if i ever heard one, and also would be called racist if you argued the other way around

Why are you bringing statistical methodology into this????
    Because my belief is that someone saying “overall crime is way down” is somewhat inaccurate and that while the rate decreased somewhat substantially the instances stayed the same or increased. Which I believe points to an issue with guns.

And the shooter in Cali had known mental health issues (PTSD) and had a run in with police back in April. In which his mental health was reported as an issue. And despite being in Cali (the state with the most strict gun laws in the US) they did not relieve him of his guns.

And once again people are dead.

Seems to be a very obvious pattern