Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's been a couple weeks since the last one so was overdue - RIP. Pittsburgh shooting

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop
    It's been a couple weeks since the last one so was overdue
    can almost set your watch by it.

Thirteen people are dead, including a deputy sheriff and the gunman, after a shooter opened fire in a crowded country dance bar in Thousands Oaks, Calif. on Wednesday night.
    Hundreds of people were packed inside the Borderline Bar & Grill in Southern California, which was holding a weekly “college night.” when gunfire broke out around 11:20 p.m.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/4642763/a...ar-california/
    -Don____________

I've come to the conclusion it's quiet euthanasia - what else could it be - wont be long before there is organized militia's down there....

I’ve come to realize that this world we live in is totally f***ed up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way to prevent this from happening says only nation where this routinely happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    Actual crime stats are way down. Crimes are just more reported, and the presentation is curated to fit given narratives.
    https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ta-table-4.xls

Please explain how 2100 more homicides by firearms over a 4 year period is indicative of a downward statistic?

Homicide by "explosives" is WAY down according to that.
    Good thing those mailed pipe bombs didn't go off, would have ruined that safety record.
    -Don____________

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    Actual crime stats are way down. Crimes are just more reported, and the presentation is curated to fit given narratives.
    Back it up with stats.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Also trending news, number of fatal accidents since 1964 caused by Ford Model T's plummet while accidents caused by Mustangs skyrocket.

Violent crimes "≠" gun crimes

Rape, assault, and other violent crimes are significantly lower than they were during the 90's. I would not argue that. However the rate of decline of deaths by firearm has not be scaled to the overall decrease in violent crimes. The USA essentially cut violent crimes report in half, while death by firearms fell around 38%. So now you are actually should you be involved in a violent crime it is more likely with use of a firearm than without a firearm. Furthermore while total gun deaths has declined overall, the number of mass shooting deaths has starkly risen.

Also ignoring any decrease or increase, the fact of the matter is that in USA, you are still more likely to be killed by gun than in any other developed nation. If you are costing your employer $50 million a year in mistakes, but cut it to $25 million while your other co-workers mistakes are in the hundreds of thousands, would you be considered a trouble free employee or consider the reduction a major victory?

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    One more item to this. This is rate per population. In terms of overall hard numbers:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...tables/table-1

So yes while murders rate per 100,000 inhabitants has dropped over the course of that time frame by 30-40% the overall reduction in murders was 1,000 instances. Looking at the FBI data the core areas of decreases classified as a violent crime were robbery and assault which fell by hundreds of thousands of instances. To me that is a more scary statistic, we've decided to stop assaulting and robbing others, but decided to keep it rolling on the whole murder thing.

Not even going to get in to the whole conflict of "all this immigration has made us more susceptible to crime" argument during the same period while touting "crime is down overall" since I'm sure the counter argument is the immigrants took it upon themselves to commit the remaining murders, taking the place of hard working american murderers just like they took all the jobs...