Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best All Terrain tire for trucks

03svt

Best All Terrain tire for trucks

What is everyone running for all terrain truck tires? Ive been running 33” BFG K02’s for about 15k, Im not overally impressed with them. I think the stock Hancook’s provided better traction. In wet conditions the ko2’s lack traction on pavement.

I’m going to put a small lift/level on in the spring and go up to a 34”, wondering if anyone has had good luck with a certain tire before I start the search.

Is the intended use all yr round?
    If so, I think you'll find the on / off road mudder style tires all to be marginal in the wet, about the same in snow.

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Is the intended use all yr round?
    If so, I think you'll find the on / off road mudder style tires all to be marginal in the wet, about the same in snow.
    No I have winter tires, I don’t want mudders, 99% of the time truck on road, but like the looks/versatility of an All Terrain tire.

Love my duratracs.. about 50,000km’s on them now and should be able to get another summer out of them. Helped me get out of some nasty boat ramps. My biggest problem with them is how noisy they are when worn down a bit.. I guess it’s expected with this type of tire. I used them for 3 winters and they did ok. They’re not so great on wet pavement either.
    '88 LX

If it was mine, would be looking at (in order of preference). While none are as horny looking as some of the aggressive mudder style big tires, all will perform like a real street tire should.

1-Yokohama Geolander A/T

2-Nitto Grappler G2

3-Hankook Dyna Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 03svt View Post
    ....all terrain truck tires? ....not overally impressed with them. ....the ko2’s lack traction on pavement.
    I’m with ZR on this one. Truck spends 99% of the time on pavement (let’s be realistic, just admit it’s 100%). Get a tire that works on the pavement.
    -Don____________

Kinda aggressive but mostly a highway tire-Firestone Destination A/T
    More aggressive, looks badass but still quiet and comfy-Toyo Open Country A/T
    Even more aggressive, looks super badass, not really quiet but wears really well-Goodyear Duratrac.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Kinda aggressive but mostly a highway tire-Firestone Destination A/T
    While tread pattern suggests a good for nothing tire, found them equally as good either summer cruising or plowing through the snow.

More aggressive, looks badass but still quiet and comfy-Toyo Open Country A/T
    Another great option, does all and does it well tire.

Even more aggressive, looks super badass, not really quiet but wears really well-Goodyear Duratrac.
    Not sure why this tire continues to get rave online reviews, been involved in a couple or three rides where they've been nothing but trouble (vibration, noise and disconnected steering feel), gave at best ok ish traction and wore out long before their time.

^Lol, yes they are a great all-around tire, good treadwear too, only downside is the OWL sidewall has a super thin black layer, so if you hump curbs, we will all know.

03svt
    Only issue I find with the K02’s is wet pavement, read the Toyo open country suffers from the same problem.. guess no real getting away from it with no weight over the rear end? I don’t find I’m throttle happy either.