Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
My SRT Challenger required 0W40 and my current Q50 Red Sport requires 0W20! I said no way I will use that shit. 5W40 Motul 8100 XCess all the way. Changing the oil ever 8-10 k max.
its a tough call - oil talk is like mod talk (get a million responses) - with engineering tolerance and pressure for fuel economy it really has everyone thinking about oil - not like the old days when you just added 20w50 to an old engine - warranty to consider too - I had the oil pan off a 2ltr Dai Woo engine recently and was surprised to see a windage tray...lol (likely for fuel economy and a bit more power) fuel economy is part of the reason the paint jobs are so poor... thinner and thinner. Going too thick with oil could pose problems on todays engines so you really have to be careful. Thick could possible damage oil pump or maybe incase pressure causing leaks - the Dae Woo I just mention has an external oil pump - had a bad gasket leak on the pump ( I assume pressure) I don't know the history of the car tho but had low km. Frequent changes are better - in that 350 gt oil leak thread, I would think with an engine like that you may want to do more frequent oil changes (race car mindset)