Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  90
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Drive clean...

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    I'm hoping the penalty for driving without cats and smog is increased with this whole thing. It shouldn't be a green light for making cars smell like wet farts and give environmentalists more ammunition to ban old cars.
    Think that would ever happen? Ban old cars?
    '88 LX

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    I'm hoping the penalty for driving without cats and smog is increased with this whole thing.
    It's already illegal to drive without cats ($300). That's more severe than driving without a license.

Uniformed environmental officers do roadside inspections of: light and heavy-duty vehicles – ensure they are operating properly with the required emissions controls to reduce smog-causing pollutants
    A VEEU environmental officer, who should have government identification, can legally stop and inspect your vehicle at any time to ensure your compliance with the Environmental Protection Act and its regulations. A VEEU environmental officer may inspect your vehicle because: it is producing visible smoke, it has been reported as a polluter, an officer suspects that your emissions equipment has been removed, altered or is not functioning. If your vehicle is found to be polluting, you may: be issued a ticket ($300 for light-duty vehicles), receive an order to repair the vehicle, have your licence plates taken away if it’s smoking heavily.
    https://www.ontario.ca/page/vehicle-...ns-inspections
    http://www.ontariocourts.ca/ocj/how-...i/schedule-43/
    -Don____________

Driving without cats etc, plates removed on the spot n tow. Only way peeps are going to start taking it more serious.

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    Unlikely tbh however you never know. Next gen drivers aren't "car guys".

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    They won't ban old cars but they could pass laws to bring them up to modern standards - they will also enforce pollution controls on vehicles related to the period of which the car was a produced - they do that already but without etest I'm sure roadside inspections will increase - I have buddies busted for things like cats and no air pump - if you have a car that has removed pollution best to stay out of hit spots - I see pollution cops all the time in the city during regular working hours thru the weekdays during warmer months - their main target or a favorite are diesel pickups with bully dogs and emissions removed - I think the gov. I slowly moving the MTO cops into mainstream and not just transport trucks. They all need cash and this will be a more effective way to get it opposed to the etest
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    - their main target or a favorite are diesel pickups with bully dogs and emissions removed -
    Bro-dozers are not exactly inconspicuous.

-Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post

I know I'm supposed to be above this but I still think that looks fuckin awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Lol looks like Melanchthon
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Looks like every rural Ontario town with a Tim Hortons, a bar, a high school and farmers with sons.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post

Trucks like this really piss me off. All that smoke is really bad for the environment. Southern Ontario has very high rates of respiratory problems and that just contributes to it. I don’t want me kids breathing that crap in. Same with not running cats. I know it sounds great but unless your making big horsepower number it doesn’t make that much of a difference removing them. I was out with a friend in his car and even with the windows down I smelled like fuel and had to take a shower when I got home. That never happens to me when I’m out driving mine.
    The mto has started to ramp up inspections for highway truck. I know of a driver reciently that had to pay over $27k in fines and the cost to put his truck back to OEM after treatment. I was glad he got caught. I see trucks come in all the time that have holes punched through the DPF. I also know that there are several shops in Brampton that do aftertreatment deletes all day long.
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!