Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  90
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Drive clean...

Quote Originally Posted by 90GT View Post
    So...I didnt need an E test this past season. Come the spring, if I wait until after April, I wont need an E test on my 1990 ?
    I have (had) the same issue. My concern was that come April or May when I take the car out and go to get my sticker, they would tell me that because my renewal date was in March that I still need the test. I just didn’t want to take that chance.

Wanted to do the same but time was my enemy and it just didn't happen.

Been part of a few conversations off the board where some are making plans to remove cats / EGR etc once drive clean is scrapped. It will still be illegal to do so and if they do indeed step up the on road enforcement, those contemplating such an move should think long and hard before doing so. It's just so easy to determine a vehicle your following has no cats, cause it stinks.

I worry about this as well....as few ass hats are going to ruin it for all the legit folks.

The MTO and OPP work together a lot now - I think the MTO will also move to doing car inspection with the OPP - remember the Kinston Blitz late summer, pulling plates of 50% of the modified cars that where inspected (that's a lot of modified cars in Kingston, yah right).These inspection crop up quite regularly in the past - the government needs money, Especially when those Liberal bastards just start wasting it on gas plants and forgiving loans to big corps like Chrysler - don't forget Torrie - he's back and hates loud cars, guns meh what are you gonna do? We'll pass the buck on that one there's no money in stopping guns!

Just got 3 to renew w/drive clean req , can I leave the mustang till spring and avoid it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    Just got 3 to renew w/drive clean req , can I leave the mustang till spring and avoid it ?
    I don't see why you can't. Just know you'll be paying the full sticker cost, when it comes time to do the renewal in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    I have (had) the same issue. My concern was that come April or May when I take the car out and go to get my sticker, they would tell me that because my renewal date was in March that I still need the test. I just didn’t want to take that chance.
    This is also my fear however if they no longer have the mandate to require it I doubt many garages will still offer the service. It's going to be interesting to see how implementation takes place, will there be a retroactive requirement or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    This is also my fear however if they no longer have the mandate to require it I doubt many garages will still offer the service. It's going to be interesting to see how implementation takes place, will there be a retroactive requirement or not.
    I sent a letter to the Ministry asking about this. We should know more in 15 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    Pretty sure you can. I failed the etest in September one year and just waited till the next spring to do it.
    '88 LX