Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  10

Thread: MCLEOD CLUTCH

MCLEOD CLUTCH

Anybody running a Mcleod dual friction clutch. Has there been any issues with noise. I'm looking into getting a new clutch seeing how a 6 speed swap is not in the budget rite now. So new clutch it is. Any first hand info would be great. Thanks.

McLeod dual disc / RST

Noise, once fully broken in not so much as a peep. Recently installed one in my own car (we've done a dozen plus others), only downside, slightest bit of chatter on very light take off, load the clutch even just a bit and it's smooth as silk. Only real downside, cost.

CF Dual friction

in some rides, can hear wts rattle ever so slightly at idle, on most it's dead nuts quiet. If making big power with a PD blower, suggest you look at the above.

Thanks ZR Mcleod it is.

Another benefit of Mc L dual disc, low pedal pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post

McLeod dual disc / RST

Noise, once fully broken in not so much as a peep. Recently installed one in my own car (we've done a dozen plus others), only downside, slightest bit of chatter on very light take off, load the clutch even just a bit and it's smooth as silk. Only real downside, cost.

CF Dual friction

in some rides, can hear wts rattle ever so slightly at idle, on most it's dead nuts quiet. If making big power with a PD blower, suggest you look at the above.
    Considering the McLeod as well. Only 68K on the Boss, but have heard they are a good upgrade and have helped with high RPM gear lockout and/or clutch pedal sinking to the floor @ high RPM?

Given the K's on my ride, would you recommend changing the TOB, rear crank seal and/or bearing while in there? Also plan to upgrade the clutch line to a braided steel one.
    Last edited by Gr8Stang; 10-30-2022 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell6 View Post
    Thanks ZR Mcleod it is.
    Did you install the McLeod? If so, have you been happy with it?

I have a Mcleod on my car, no complaints whatsoever, but as ZR mentioned, it can have a bit of chatter at lower RPM, but not really an issue