Likes Likes:  19
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Some interesting predictions

Club Supporter
    Maybe we can have whale farms?

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Maybe we can have whale farms?
    those would be some pretty big farms

I really cant believe ev's will take over by 2030. There are approx. 250,000,000 vehicles in the usa combined and 25,000,000 in Canada. I think by 2030 the ev will begin to die out if it makes it that far. I believe the push for fewer vehicles and less strain on infrastructure and resources to build infrastructure will be the ultimate goal of future government in respects to personal transportation and technology may play a huge roll in that. I've never worked in an office but conceivably today most office staff could work from home. That could easily reduce traffic by 50%, the need for large buildings, and schools that are only in use for partial days. Autonomous vehicles will change the high cost of transportation fore sure in many respects. Reducing the need to travel to work could easily roll back inflation. With fewer vehicles on the road the ev may survive but to replace todays numbers and ultimately more by 2030 I cant see it.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    those would be some pretty big farms
    Factory farms of the future.

The only constant is change. The candle makers rued the day of the light bulb, the horsemen the day of the automobile, the train engineers the airplane, and so shall the oil companies the day of the electric vehicle just as drivers will the autonomous vehicle. If we went backwards every time an idea was revolutionary or upended our current beliefs the vast majority of us would have no contact with the other as we'd still be sitting within our crude dwellings, most of either dead or near dying from minute ailments.

While the players in the game has changed, this is nothing new. We have changed the landscape of existence on this planets dozens of times before, and will continue to do so. To sit there and dig your feet in is to get left behind. The only reason it seems dire is we haven't figured it out yet, but history shows us we will.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Your right we will adapt something new will come. As long as we are raising our kids to think out side the box. To be self reliant and not depend on the government to fix things.

My bigger concern about the electric car move is three things.

Distance. Longevity and infrastructure

Right now there isn’t an electric option that guarantees the mileage I need for my work vehicle on a single charge.

Every electronic thing I have ever had has been hindered by battery life

But mostly. Our grid in a lot of places is archaic and out of date.
    Brown outs and black outs happen all the time around here just due to ac load in the summer time. Imagine the outcome if the government forced electric cars before addressing the grid.

And besides. We all know our current “hydro” isn’t cheap. Replace one expensive fuel source for another seems like an issue for me. Especially once it’s a monopoly. And the only place you can fuel your vehicle has you by the balls
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 11-12-2018 at 08:40 PM.

My daughter was talking about artificial intelligence involvement in displacing radiologists. Essentially, AI will be capable of reading the x-rays and scans and determining the outcome/diagnosis.

Check out the book "Thank you for being late" an Optimists guide to thriving in the age of accelerations, by Thomas L. Friedman for some good insights on how
    quickly technology has accelerated since the introduction of iPhone/smart phone. Interesting read.