Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why aren't headlights automatic?

Why aren't headlights automatic?

Why are people so stupid that they don't turn them on when it's dark outside. The first thing I do in my mustang after staring it at night is turn on the headlights. duh.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    Why are people so stupid that they don't turn them on when it's dark outside. The first thing I do in my mustang after staring it at night is turn on the headlights. duh.
    Likely because your Mustang has a speedo cluster, not an electronic instrument panel cluster (IPC) which is always lit up weather the lights are on or not.....

I turn my lights on day or night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Likely because your Mustang has a speedo cluster, not an electronic instrument panel cluster (IPC) which is always lit up weather the lights are on or not.....
    I don't know. I try to drive by looking out the windshield instead of staring at my speedo cluster to see if it is dark out.

On almost all newer vehicles they are, but people won’t leave the switch in the auto setting!
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    I don't know. I try to drive by looking out the windshield instead of staring at my speedo cluster to see if it is dark out.
    Ya sure, it if you check your speed, it should be pretty obvious your lights aren’t on......as well everything has daytime running lights, so if you’re behing someone you can see your lights and you may think they’re on.
    It really drives me nuts though, I always flash drivers if their lights aren’t on, and over the years I must have done that to at least 50 cars, of those I’d say maybe 5 actually got the hint and put their lights on.

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    On almost all newer vehicles they are, but people won’t leave the switch in the auto setting!
    No, it's the bastards at the oil change service centres, auto dealerships, and park and fly attendants that think they are "saving your battery" by switching it to the off position during service. The only problem is, the bastards never turn the switch back on. Your display will be lit up, but unbeknownst to you, you have no headlights and taillights.

Carmen

Yes, that certainly happens too!
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Really sounds like a bunch of excuses for not turning on your lights. My pickup has auto lamps and so does my VW my mustang doesn't and the cluster lights are lit all the time I never forget to turn on the headlights. The VW was in for service and when I picked it up they had turned off the auto lights. Guess what. It was dark out and I checked to see if my lights were on before I drove the car. I don't understand why everyone doesn't check their lights. Then they blame some one else for turning off their auto lamps or blame so technology for failing to think for them. For those people wanting to blame the dash lights for being on all the time, try turning the brightness down for night and then you'll notice the insane glare from a brightly light cluster and think to check the lights. Everyone complains about a nanny state... If people weren't so stupid we wouldn't need laws to make everything idiot proof.