Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  37
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Used car thoughts.

Used car thoughts.

Looking for a second set of wheels so I don’t need to rely on the work truck all the time.

Looking at something cheap to buy (under $5k). But like something different.

Looking at a 90 Jag that’s looks to be in good shape but I know parts might be pricy.

Anyone have expertise with Saab? Found a 2005 93 that don’t look too bad

By 2005 they were basically just a weird looking chef correct? Pros cons etc

Also wondering something like a mini. I know some had issues. Was the the supercharged ones or the turbo ones? Things to look out for.

Also open to other suggestions.

Debating on driving out to look at a mint 79 Lincoln mark V

Supercharged Mini's were part of the first gen Mini's R50/R52/R53 (Model year 2000-2006) and turbocharged Mini's are R56/R57. These were all the hatchback designations. The turbocharged versions are much more reliable than the first generation models.

Have you owned one? How are they for back seat and cargo space? I’ve driven one years ago and was supposed by the space in the drivers seat and the fun to drive factor appeals to me but I would need space for two kids and day trip type stuff (shopping bags etc)

My dad and I own a new one R56 JCW and it is great! Plenty of room for the day to day stuff for sure. For my detailing equipment it would be a definite no. The older model is definitely smaller and not recommended for what you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Have you owned one? How are they for back seat and cargo space? I’ve driven one years ago and was supposed by the space in the drivers seat and the fun to drive factor appeals to me but I would need space for two kids and day trip type stuff (shopping bags etc)

Older Mini and Jag I would stay away from, far away actually. The Saab is basically a GM and likely will have a 2.0/2.4 Ecotec engine, nice cars but if you need any body or interior parts it will be costly. The Lincoln sounds nice but I hope you have stock in an oil company.
    To be honest if I was you I’d look for a first gen toaster Scion, tons of room, great on fuel and drive like a car.....of course they look goofy but that depends who you ask.

has to look cool. so scion is out lol

just putting more Km on the lease than I thought I would. just hate driving boring dull cars. lol sucks that there is so little out there with a manual

also thanks for locking up the other thread, posted from my phone so not sure why it doubled up

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Debating on driving out to look at a mint 79 Lincoln mark V
    MarkV is in your screen name. The choice seems obvious.

-Don____________

its really calling to me. i've owned a Mark VII and and a markVIII but never a markV.
    its white with an ivory interiour just calling for a set of bull horms on the hood lol

Go grab the MK V, then swap in a 4.8 LS, will get good mileage, and be pretty cool.

cant be another project lol but cheap parts and easy to work on are definitely a plus but that could be over compensated by the gas usage pretty easily.

still trying to decide if I hate myself enough to finally buy an older Jag, always looked never pulled the trigger, gonna happen some day, today is not that day but who can say what tomorrow will bring. lol
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 11-14-2018 at 10:29 PM.