Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  37
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Used car thoughts.

Off my meds again
    Minis are junk.

There's a video series on Youtube about repairing one. Expensive and just poorly built.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wpq...KYiu36MgvzUscu

Many may disagree but I think there are some interesting rides by Volvo from the mid 2000's that might fit the budget.

The S60 R is an example of an under appreciated model.

yeah been looking at some volvos. Had a 1999 S80 a few years back that we loved until in blew a turbo seal followed promptly by an end seal in the steering rack.

My 09 Ford Focus has been a great car.....but doesn't really fit your "something different" category.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    Many may disagree but I think there are some interesting rides by Volvo from the mid 2000's that might fit the budget.

The S60 R is an example of an under appreciated model.
    I love my '06 S60R. Coming up on 10 year anniversary since I bought it and still love driving it everyday - now has 192,000 miles.

I have the same colour scheme and factory body kit (except I kept my rear spoiler and 18" factory Pegasus wheels) as this one but this guy painted his Brembos yellow and lowered his about ~1.5 inches.

Last edited by 92redragtop; 11-16-2018 at 12:28 AM.

Been sitting on this. And thinking it over. Looks like we might be hiring another service guy (young kid I can train)
    So an extra vehicle for us would also come in handy to use as a part time service vehicle when needed until he is ready to be on the road full time solo.

So wanted something fun but also with some space for tools and stuff as well as good on gas.
    Did some test drives. Test fit car seats and once the papers finalize will be driving home a 2014 Mini Clubman JCW edition. Black on black. 6 speed. 200hp.

For sure the SMALLEST think I have never owned. It surprisingly comfy and with the seats down. Room for tools and such.

Well a big congratulations to you my friend. Glad you went JCW. Great choice. So the Clubman worked for you? Any pictures?

no pics yet was dark when we were looking at it. the clubman offer just that extra bit of leg room for the kids and the extra cargo as well is a bonus. will mostly be just a run about. or something for the wife and I do take on your free time drives

also the kids were getting board so the one sales guy at the BMW dealer fired up an M3 in the show room for them. lol thing was worth more then what I originally paid for my house

well glad I took the chance and did some homework, turns out the car they advertised was not a John Works Edition. I asked about it and he said no its not, just a base, I said well the add said John works, and the price reflects a John Works. they offered to knock 1200 off but I said no thanks.

back on the hunt.