Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Right turn on red...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    you mean like this?

Fkrs that pisses me off I almost expect it now , cuz a guy like minnacia might try to turn right on my left lol

^ See it almost daily around these parts.

Not just the GTA!

Hardly anyone stops anymore. Some just roll right though as if there was a full green, and a lot more sort of slow down a bit. The WORST (and this happens to me daily) is when I am already in the interesection, on a full green light, and someone rolls through their right directly in front of me, often forcing me to slam on my brakes, or to slow dramatically. Usually these people don't even seem to understand that maybe they should accelerate hard at that point, so I don't run into them?
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    Did they change the rules regarding turning right on a red light ? I ask because several times this week I’ve been honked at for coming to a complete stop before making my turn. If you can just yield or cruise right through without even slowing, I wish someone would have told me. It would probably save me 10-20 seconds on my commute to and from work.
    Red Light camera will getcha up her in the Wick at 5 corners if you do that, it's considered running a Red Light...a lot more people stopping for that light now days that's for sure. I always have...not cause I'm a "Perfect Driver" by any means...but simply the South bound lane that you are turning into...splits into 2 lanes on the South side but it's only 1 lane going in...so you really gotta be paying attention cause you have no idea what lane people are going to come out in on the South side...

lol, I'm not really explaining this too well...but the people from Wick or people that have been through there before will know what I'm talking abooot!

What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    lol, I'm not really explaining this too well...
    The irony of this made me laugh.
    -Don____________

The irony of this made me laugh.
    I know...I thought about that after LOL...but still was better than the other no? LOL

What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    Did they change the rules regarding turning right on a red light ? I ask because several times this week I’ve been honked at for coming to a complete stop before making my turn. If you can just yield or cruise right through without even slowing, I wish someone would have told me. It would probably save me 10-20 seconds on my commute to and from work.
    Why would you come to a complete stop if you can safely navigate the corner without doing so? Complete stops anger other drivers, slows down traffic flow, costs you money in terms of brakes and gas, and is frankly uncomfortable as a passenger. (and honestly, I would claim your odds of getting rear ended go up significantly, but I have no proof of that)

I'm not saying to never stop...but a complete stop for the sake of a complete stop is crazy IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by G-ForceJunkie View Post
    Why would you come to a complete stop......I would claim your odds of getting rear ended go up significantly...
    Get rear ended by who? A red light runner behind you that's not paying attention to the car in front of them?

LOL, now I know how you make it around Mosport so fast! Don't slow down for right turns
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by G-ForceJunkie View Post
    Why would you come to a complete stop if you can safely navigate the corner without doing so? Complete stops anger other drivers, slows down traffic flow, costs you money in terms of brakes and gas, and is frankly uncomfortable as a passenger. (and honestly, I would claim your odds of getting rear ended go up significantly, but I have no proof of that)

I'm not saying to never stop...but a complete stop for the sake of a complete stop is crazy IMO.
    Because the definition of a red light/stop sign is come to a complete stop.

I can’t tell you how many people in Durham I’ve almost plowed right through in my bus as they roll past a stop sign or redlight because they thought it was ‘safe to do so’.