Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel Size Help For 2014 5.0

dimitridimak

Wheel Size Help For 2014 5.0

Hello I'm looking to get new wheels and tires next season and there are so many options and I just need some advice. So I currently have 19s on my 2014 Mustang GT and tires are pretty expensive because of the odd wheel size which is fine. I will be putting coilovers on the car and I would really love a nice pair of wheels and tires, but I cant decide between 18s, 19s or 20s. I understand the bigger the wheel the worse in performance and the lower you go the least appealing it looks. So I'm really trying to get the best of both worlds I will be putting down some good power in the future but I'm trying to find the right wheel size that would fit and look nice with coilovers without losing the performance aspect, so a wider wheel would be nice as well because I love that staggered look. I don't plan or racing or any of that seriously just something to havoc the streets. If anyone has suggestions or tips I would really appreciate the help. Thanks!

Does your car have Brembo brakes?

dimitridimak
    No it doesn't have any big brakes just stock but I may do a break upgrade in the future to some big breaks if I'm gonna be putting down power unless it's not worth it

Roushcharged
    20's fit the wheel well perfect without looking too big. 18's in my opinion will look small.

dimitridimak
    Is there really a big ride quality difference on 20s? That's why I'm thinking 19s best of both worlds. I agree though the 18s dont fit well

Wheels are a very personal choice. I’m more than happy with both sets of the 18s I have for my 06 GT, 18x8.5 Bullits and 18x10 Roush.

dimitridimak
    Yeah I would agree on the earlier s197s the 18s are perfect

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    I’m currently running a staggered set up - Boss sizing tires 255 front/ 285 rears on Forgestars 19’s - 19/9 front
    19/10 rear they clear brembos.

Lowered 1.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Here’s a few closer
    Can’t complain about ride quality- this is the 4 member family hauler during driving season- not a complaint from Burlington to Miami and back.
    Only complaint is car needs more JAM lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

dimitridimak
    Ya that looks sweet! I'm really leaning towards 19s how are the prices for the wide tires on 19s?