Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having your winter ride sprayed.

Cool Having your winter ride sprayed.

Debate over to spray or not to spray is an easy one, spray and it's gonna last a whole bunch longer, don't and suffer the consequences of body rust plus brake and fuel lines failing long before their time. So you drove down to the local "guy" that everyone goes to because everyone "knows" he does a fantastic job, well based on the rides we get in that have just been done, that "guy" doesn't give a rats behind about you or your car. We are seeing freshly done car after car again this fall where they've done only the areas you can see kneeling down and looking under your car. Yup, looks fresh and oily and makes you feel good about having it done but in reality they've done next to nothing to prevent the damage your trying to prevent. Tell them up front, before you leave you wish to see it on the rack and check it out for yourself, might get a drip or two on you if your using Krown or Rustcheck, with Corrosion Free once they stop spraying you won't get dripped on. Be sure they pulled the body / rocker panel plugs, be sure they sprayed inside the hood and fenders. Shitty deal we have to check but unless you do far too many just aren't doing a proper job.

Small details definitely make a huge difference. Here are some areas commonly overlooked. Corrosion Free Spray done on my car on the weekend.

Whether you drive your car or not over the winter makes a huge difference in the overall results.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Is this just undercoating? Do they drill holes? Maybe its lack of sleep but Laurence I have no idea where that is by the pic

oh is that the hood?

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

On many vehicles, can get everywhere required through existing plugs or access holes.

No holes drilled Ron. The first picture is under the hood and the second picture is the door stiker on the drivers side.

Have been happy with the Krown location I’ve been using up until this year.. they caked it on in previous years but not this time. I always try to book during the week to avoid that weekend rush but even then, a lazy job this time around. I’ll be looking for a new location next year.
    '88 LX

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    my beater gets sprayed with salt and industrial grime. I consider it to be a $1300 set of tires with a car in between.
    Ram too pretty to be out and about in the snow? Where’s the fun in that?
    '88 LX

Do peeps own their cars/trucks long enough until it rusts? Most upgrade/trade in after a few years...no?

Quote Originally Posted by FoxRod View Post
    Do peeps own their cars/trucks long enough until it rusts? Most upgrade/trade in after a few years...no?
    Few years? I wish. This ones paid for and planning on driving it till it doesn’t make sense to repair it.
    '88 LX

Some here trade within a few weeks.